“Olive Garden has new menu items”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #8 of 170 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I returned to this Olive Garden at this location for a early Sunday noontime meal. When our server arrived, she mentioned that they added "New" menu items to choose from. We both tried the new "Venetian Apricot Chicken dinner." I suggest that the next time you go to the Olive Garden, be sure to try this.

As always, the service is very good!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The rest of our dinners were fine but the gluten-free option was horrible. The manager cam out and told us they actually cooked it in the microwave. Yikes. No wonder it didn't turn out. This is something that I would not expect from an Olive Garden.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am about to write a very favorable review of an Olive Garden, and I still can't believe it. To say I am not a fan of the chain would be an understatement. However, for a number of very valid reasons I found myself having a family dinner at the Altoona, PA Olive Garden.

And it was great.

We were seated promptly and greeted by pur very enthusIastic waiter who really knew how to handle a table with kids. The manager appeared shortly after we were seated to greet us and offer complimentary wine for the adults. She came back two more times to check on us. Great service.

The food was much better than expected. So much so that we visited an OG near home in NJ the next week... and it was awful. This tells me the Altoona OG is doing something different in the kitchen. Whatever it is, OG corporate should get their tails to Altoona and figure out how to make the rest of the chain this good.

Our only complaint was that the kitchen was very slow, but the manager adjusted our bill and the quality of the food itself more than made up for it.

Olive Garden executives, find out what Altoona is doing and make it your standard!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is THE place to enjoy a family meal in Altoona. The never empty salad bowl and always full bread stick basket complement the "semi-authentic" Italian cuisine. Our waitress was courteous and attentive to our every need. We highly recommend stopping by the Olive Garden when visiting Altoona, PA.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This chicken is great it includes spaghetti w/ marinara sauce. YUM! to say the least. It also included endless salad ...Boy what a deal. And the service was fantastic the manager even came around to say HI and ask if everything was ok.

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!