“Great dinner!”

Dining options: Reservations
DuBois, Pennsylvania
“Great dinner!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

My family of 5 are dinner here on a Saturday evening. The wait was only 5 minutes and we were abler order quickly. The waitress was a little slow with everything and kept disappearing into the kitchen for longer than normal periods of time. We did enjoy all of our meals. We had my strip steaks, salads, 1/2 roasted chicken, smothered chicken, baked potatoes, and kids steak and chicken tenders. Everything was cooked properly and very tasty. We will definitely be returning here.

• Visited July 2014

Peach Bottom, Pennsylvania
“Country Music, line dancing and great food”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Texas Roadhouse in Altoona was really unique, with country music playing all during dinner
and line dancing by employees every 45minutes,great fun. The menu was varied and our sirloin steaks cooked to a perfect medium, baked sweet potato, very tender and delicious with brown sugar and butter. The salads were fresh and loaded with tomatoes, hard boiled eggs and croutons. A good choice of salad dressings.A young boy had a birthday and got to ride the saddle and we all sang and shouted "Ya hoo" at the end. What a fun placeI

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Susan t
Roaring Spring
“Not a good experience”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We have been here several times since they opened in Altoona, PA. Most of the time the food has been ok, but I was disappointed with our most recent experience.
I ordered the grilled chicken salad. The chicken breast strips appeared to have been cut out of a left over breast rather than having been cooked to order for my salad. They were cold, burnt and hard.
I should have told the waiter about it, but it was late and I just wanted to get going. After we had paid our check and were waiting for our son and his friend to finish, a female manager came to our table and asked how our meals were. I told her I was dissatisfied and said she was sorry and told me I should have said something sooner, but she made NO offer of any kind. I was kind of expecting at least a coupon or discount to use on a future visit..
We may go back as my son enjoys the place, but I know I will not order that selection again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dan S
“Matt”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

The visit was great. The waitress was the best, and all our dinners were great. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is a steak lover.

Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Great & Entertaining Dining Experience!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife & I have enjoyed the Texas Roadhouse experience for many years at other locations. Thank goodness this new one in our town meets the standard we have come to expect from this chain. From a simple bowl of chili to a fancy fillet, we have enjoyed the variety, service and quality of food for many years. To others who had the misfortune to have "Sam" wait on them, please inform the manager/owner of the situation. They do not want this kind of person working there any more than you want to be poorly served by them. You need to know going in that the atmosphere and ambiance fit together perfectly! We know that it will be loud, dancers will sing, the crowds will be noisy, but the food will be great! Because we are older, we appreciate the smaller steaks, chicken and food when we dine out. When we were younger we too enjoyed the larger custom cuts of meat they offer as you enter. For quiet, sedate meals, we go elsewhere. We do enjoy the energy, excitement and consistency of food quality and service that we experience here. Go on! Have some fun! Chill out!

• Visited November 2013

Been to Texas Roadhouse? Share your experiences!