“Country Music, line dancing and great food”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #11 of 175 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Texas Roadhouse in Altoona was really unique, with country music playing all during dinner
and line dancing by employees every 45minutes,great fun. The menu was varied and our sirloin steaks cooked to a perfect medium, baked sweet potato, very tender and delicious with brown sugar and butter. The salads were fresh and loaded with tomatoes, hard boiled eggs and croutons. A good choice of salad dressings.A young boy had a birthday and got to ride the saddle and we all sang and shouted "Ya hoo" at the end. What a fun placeI

1  Thank Susan t

Reviewed May 22, 2014

We have been here several times since they opened in Altoona, PA. Most of the time the food has been ok, but I was disappointed with our most recent experience.
I ordered the grilled chicken salad. The chicken breast strips appeared to have been cut out of a left over breast rather than having been cooked to order for my salad. They were cold, burnt and hard.
I should have told the waiter about it, but it was late and I just wanted to get going. After we had paid our check and were waiting for our son and his friend to finish, a female manager came to our table and asked how our meals were. I told her I was dissatisfied and said she was sorry and told me I should have said something sooner, but she made NO offer of any kind. I was kind of expecting at least a coupon or discount to use on a future visit..
We may go back as my son enjoys the place, but I know I will not order that selection again.

1  Thank Dan S
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

The visit was great. The waitress was the best, and all our dinners were great. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is a steak lover.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife & I have enjoyed the Texas Roadhouse experience for many years at other locations. Thank goodness this new one in our town meets the standard we have come to expect from this chain. From a simple bowl of chili to a fancy fillet, we have enjoyed the variety, service and quality of food for many years. To others who had the misfortune to have "Sam" wait on them, please inform the manager/owner of the situation. They do not want this kind of person working there any more than you want to be poorly served by them. You need to know going in that the atmosphere and ambiance fit together perfectly! We know that it will be loud, dancers will sing, the crowds will be noisy, but the food will be great! Because we are older, we appreciate the smaller steaks, chicken and food when we dine out. When we were younger we too enjoyed the larger custom cuts of meat they offer as you enter. For quiet, sedate meals, we go elsewhere. We do enjoy the energy, excitement and consistency of food quality and service that we experience here. Go on! Have some fun! Chill out!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

It started out well, until we met the waitress. I believe her name was sam, a petite woman, most likely a college student like myself. Well, I am a steak kind of girl, VERY picky. It must be coked medium rare, usually I say slightly below due to the fact that most chains simply are unable to achieve such a plausible goal, that goal being a properly cooked New York Strip.
Regardless, the waitress was pushy and acted as if we were some sort of inconvenience to her. She took a while to refill our beverages, and had to force a smile on that snarky face of hers. Then, I received my steak. The meat was of a mediocre quality, something I would buy at a chain grocer, and not a butcher. In fact, There was actually GRISTLE in the center of my New York Strip, something I have never encountered. The Steak was chewy, and somewhat charred on the outside resulting in little pleasure...The fires are also quite salty, I am a salt enthusiast to say the least so this should sound off to the average person as a red flag. HOWEVER, The manger came over to our table, and I described my situation with the steak. This is where I give credit to the superb manager. She, Gave me, an entire 14oz New York Strip to take home free of charge. This greatly made up for any food type of infraction in which I encountered that evening. All in all, I would say it was a mediocre experience. Nothing special.

3  Thank Kathryn D