“1st visit since opening”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #14 of 165 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“1st visit since opening”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

1st visit. Exceptionally fast and accurate service. Steaks were perfect. Absolutelt the best side salad i ever ordered. Great dressings. Chelsea was very well versed in menu. Very friendly and outgoing

Woodbridge, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, service and staff!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

First time there last week, servers were all friendly and I felt right at home within minutes. Great homely atmosphere, reasonable prices and quick service. I saw lots of locals which is always a good sign. I came back the next day and had the same experience from a completely different staff!

Escondido, California
“First time at this new Texas Roadhouse, Altoona, PA”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This location in Altoona, PA recently opened and the response is has been big. We had tried for several weeks before a few times but the wait times have been long for short notice arrivals. Of course, we know this, and never complained.

I took my wife for Mother's Day for our early dinner the Saturday before Mother's because of family scheduling. It was busy, but not crazy. We waited about 15 minutes before seated. The staff from the receptionists to our server and serving runners was great. Our steaks were prepared to perfection. Friendly staff and efficient!

Try it! Don't eat too many peanuts. Save room for the good food.

1 Thank Bille3
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

It was our first visit...lunch on a Monday - there was no wait. Our drinks arrived immedately...appitizer was served after a few minutes and food just as we were finishing appitizer. My husband had steak...it was cooked to perfection...yummy! I had a chicken sandwich and salad...delish! We'll definitely be back!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just checking it out”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

When my husband, daughter and I arrived it was busy but there was only a 5-15 minute wait. Once our buzzer went off, the hostess asked us to stand on a rug with a #2 on it, when the people on rug #1 were seated, we were then asked to move to rug #1. Keep in mind these rugs are right in front of the Area where the rolls are being made. The waiters were reaching between to grab baskets. Once we were taken to our booth, we walked past the bar and the hostess was telling us what was good to order-I couldn't hear a word she said. Fried pickles for an appetizer were decent but they reminded me of the ones I bought at Sheetz. Sirloin tips for me were pretty good with mashed potatoes. Husband got BBQ chicken, very juicy, but it looked like someone dumped a ton a BBQ sauce on it. Kiddo had chicken tenders and corn-her only question was about why there was so mucg pepper in her corn. For all 3 of us, our meal was $31 and some change. Not a bad value, and I got to spend the time with my family.