“First time at this new Texas Roadhouse, Altoona, PA”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #14 of 166 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Escondido, California
“First time at this new Texas Roadhouse, Altoona, PA”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This location in Altoona, PA recently opened and the response is has been big. We had tried for several weeks before a few times but the wait times have been long for short notice arrivals. Of course, we know this, and never complained.

I took my wife for Mother's Day for our early dinner the Saturday before Mother's because of family scheduling. It was busy, but not crazy. We waited about 15 minutes before seated. The staff from the receptionists to our server and serving runners was great. Our steaks were prepared to perfection. Friendly staff and efficient!

Try it! Don't eat too many peanuts. Save room for the good food.

1 Thank Bille3

Tyrone, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

It was our first visit...lunch on a Monday - there was no wait. Our drinks arrived immedately...appitizer was served after a few minutes and food just as we were finishing appitizer. My husband had steak...it was cooked to perfection...yummy! I had a chicken sandwich and salad...delish! We'll definitely be back!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just checking it out”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

When my husband, daughter and I arrived it was busy but there was only a 5-15 minute wait. Once our buzzer went off, the hostess asked us to stand on a rug with a #2 on it, when the people on rug #1 were seated, we were then asked to move to rug #1. Keep in mind these rugs are right in front of the Area where the rolls are being made. The waiters were reaching between to grab baskets. Once we were taken to our booth, we walked past the bar and the hostess was telling us what was good to order-I couldn't hear a word she said. Fried pickles for an appetizer were decent but they reminded me of the ones I bought at Sheetz. Sirloin tips for me were pretty good with mashed potatoes. Husband got BBQ chicken, very juicy, but it looked like someone dumped a ton a BBQ sauce on it. Kiddo had chicken tenders and corn-her only question was about why there was so mucg pepper in her corn. For all 3 of us, our meal was $31 and some change. Not a bad value, and I got to spend the time with my family.

Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best Steakhouse...Hot Homemade rolls...yummy...and Roasted Peanuts !!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My friends and I have been waiting for this Steakhouse to open in our hometown...we have gone to others..my first experience was while living in Virginia and sometimes we would go to State College, PA...casual atomosphere..nice bar...and you can much on the roasted peanuts till your meal arrives which doesn't take long..from 3 to 5 during the week they have a special menu with many options at very reasonable prices..but prices in general are reasonable especially with steaks as their specialty...I can't get enough of their delicious yeast rolls...the dinner portions are very generous enough to take home for lunch the next day..had their "Chicken Fried Chicken" with homemade mashed potatoes and the green beans with bacon and onions and the cream gravy over all..."Heart Attack" on a plate I joked but it was delicious...great variety on the menu...friendly attentive staff...they do have a call ahead system and I advice anyone to use it..went on a Monday..I called ahead for 4 o'clock and it just opened at 3 and it was busy already...especially helpful on busy weekends...my favorite steakhouse !!!

• Visited April 2013
Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent first time visit.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My Fiancee and me decided to try out the new Texas Roadhouse in Altoona, since neither of us have been to one. We were quickly seated and in a few minutes had our drinks ordered. The service was great. Our waitress was pleasant, high spirited, and attentive. Our Food came as ordered and quick also. Great atmosphere for family or couples. We will definitely be going back soon.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mick S

Been to Texas Roadhouse? Share your experiences!