“Wholesome food, friendly service, nice view”
Review of Jethro's

Jethro's
Ranked #17 of 169 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Barbecue, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The ribs I ordered were good. They readily replaced the under-cooked fries. Generous drink pours. Nice view over golf course. Delicious carrot cake-homemade! Staff is very friendly & accommodating. Dining room is a bit spartan-not a "special" date place. Nice bar. Best aspect is the friendly service! Good food at a fair price!

There are newer reviews for Jethro's

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The service was excellent, very professional. My first experience at this restaurant and enjoyed very much the food. I will go back and tried other items.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I have enjoyed ribs from numerous places inside and outside of Pennsylvania. The food at Jethro's was just average. The ribs were cooked well, however lacked flavor. The BBQ sauce I asked for on the side and was very happy I did. The only ingredient I tasted I the sauce was ketchup. I did have other people that ordered something else and I must say the other food was much better than the ribs. One person had chicken Marsala and it was above average. Overall I would drive out of my way to go to Jethro's based on this experience.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Best fried zucchini I've ever eaten! The rest of the menu not so much, it's fair just not great! BBQ ribs are average, not bad just average,I go for the zucchini only! The view is beautiful sitting on the patio.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I recently went to Jethro's for the first time in nearly 5 years. I used to love going there; in fact, I actually worked there for a brief amount of time right after I graduated High School. I had high expectations because my previous experiences were so good. Unfortunately, what I got did not meet my expectations.

I wouldn't say the food was bad. It wasn't. However, it wasn't great either. I didn't feel it was anything special, nor did I feel it was anything I couldn't have made myself. One of the most disappointing things is that Jethro's has changed the type of fries that they have. They used to have thicker steak fries. Now, they just have regular fries. Again, I wouldn't say they were bad; it was just a let down, and the quality certainly was not the same as what I remember from previous visits. Even the dress code of the staff has been downgraded.

I'm still giving Jethro's an average rating because -as said- I cannot say the food was bad. I cannot say the service was bad either. Neither was bad. However, it wasn't anything special either. I feel as though I could have gone just about anywhere and gotten the same experience. Nothing stood out as being particular good. I expected better based on the experiences I had in the past. It seems to me that while Jethro's is still ok, it no longer has what made it great in the past. It's no longer a place which produces a memorable experience; instead, it's become just like any other place in Altoona.

Been to Jethro's? Share your experiences!