“Awesome Greek Restaurant!”

The Athenian Cafe
Ranked #4 of 175 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Another hidden gem in Altoona, PA. Excellent Gyros, Greek salad, and baklava! You are welcome to BYOB. Definitely recommended!

Reviewed March 3, 2012

no, it's not the best Greek food I've ever had, but to satisfy my craving for Greek food very well. the best Greek food I had is in a suburb of Tampa, Fl, and don't have the money to travel 1200 miles every time I want Greek food.
Athenian Cafe does a great job though. they recently moved, and the new place is very clean and much larger than the older location. staff is very prompt and friendly. I always get the pestistio of which I find delicious. my parents usually get the musaka, of which my father likes but will still enjoy it. portions are very large, and prices are very reasonable. since I had gastric bypass surgery, I only get the lunch size, and can still get 2 or 3 meals from the lunch size. the full dinner size could easily shared by 2 or 3 people at one sitting. most dinners come with a salad; I love their vinegar based house dressing...guess you could call it Greek. definitely worth trying, but on occasion they run out of the 2 dishes I mentioned, and is good to have a backup plan. if they run out, I always get their spinach pie. I don't like spinach to eat by itself, but the pie is delicious. they also have the typical Greek desserts like baklava.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

My wife and I frequently visit this family owned type Greek establishment. Very good traditional gyro and Greek salad. The baklava is very tasty with plenty of filling. Service is very friendly and prompt. We will continue to visit this place on a regular basis !

Reviewed December 3, 2011

Family owned they work hard to please everything is well prepped and very
tasty. I enjoy eating there and almost always get the Gyro.

Been to The Athenian Cafe? Share your experiences!