“Not As Good As Others”

Casa Valadez
Ranked #61 of 172 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Went in to try it for lunch. Like that you could create combo platters except that there were upcharges for all most all items that you could choose from. Better lunch specials at the other Mexican Restaturants in town!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Gustavo, his wife and children greet you with a smile and great service. When I needed to avoid certain foods, they customized my orders to meet my needs. Every item I have eaten there has had a unique flavor and quality because it is prepared when ordered. They suggested new dishes for me to try and each one was wonderful. I was amazed as they gave me samples of different dishes to try and especially when each one was very good to excellent in quality. Their expansive types of foods allows me to experience a great variety of stimulating flavors and textures. Tacos, salads, soups, fresh breads, great salsa (with homemade pico de gaio), burritos, a variety of hot chili sauces, combination plates, desserts and a caring atmosphere and relationship all add to a relaxed, enjoyable dining experience. You may select from two menus, one for breakfast dishes and one from lunch & dinner selections at any time of the day or evening. They aim to please by meeting your requests with a positiveness and completeness that fills you with joy. They are wonderful people who care for you as a friend. I have returned there many times with friends and family for an excellent dining experience.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

I had two visits just recently the menu is different from most places Tortas and Tamales Family owned and operated. Nice folks Bad Food.My Chili Verde was awful it was cold and chili was tasteless. My friend had a Torta it was so sparce with pork they just chuckeled I paid the check cause I was embarassed. They best get in gear or they will never make it

Reviewed November 30, 2011

Casa Valdez is a bit hidden in the Toys R Us / Dunhams mall. Went for lunch with friends and had an excellent burrito. They have an extensive menu and the tortilla chips were authentic and tasty! Service was great - perfect for lunch and a great value.

Will be back!

Reviewed September 22, 2011

I came to restaurant expecting to find a different Mexican restaurant but the one that was in this location had moved and Casa Valadez was there Instead. I went in noticing the sign for "Authentic Mexican Food" and expected not to find any such food. But to my surprise, the first thing that I noticed were signs for Mexican breakfasts. Then in the menu, I noticed a listing of tortas, Mexican sandwiches. No Mexican restaurant in Western Pennsylvania that I know of serves tortas.

I was please with what I had found on the menu and decided to have Chile Colorado, slices of steak covered in a chili sauce. It was good and very, very spicy. This dish was not "altered" for American tastes.

I was very pleased with my dinner, the service, and the cleanliness of the restaurant. The only drawback was Mexican music playing and a flat screen television on with CNN. If the television were turned off, that would have been much better.

1  Thank Lamp56