“Nice hotel for the price”
Review of Courtyard Altoona

Courtyard Altoona
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Nice hotel for the price”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Got a good price on it for $69.00 a night. The hotel is clean and the beds are very comfortable. The room was large and had a sofa in the room plus 2 queen beds. The food was OK. The pool was nice and the hot tubs are great. One did not work when we were there. I will stay there again any time that I am in the area.

Room Tip: Don't have any
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Harry F
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Harry F,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Courtyard Altoona. I'm glad you liked our hotel and our clean, comfortable rooms. It's also good to hear that you had time to relax in the hot tub during your stay. Please plan to visit us again. We look forward to your return.
Katie Millward, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Virginia
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This hotel was wonderful. Very clean.
Comfortable beds.
The staff was incredibly nice. We had to arrive very late because we were coming for an emergency issue and they were extremely accommodating. Each time I called and spoke with someone, they couldn't have been any nicer.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DMH1416,
We're glad to hear from you, and we appreciate your kind review. I'm pleased to know that we were able to provide a nice, comfortable place for you to rest. I'm also glad to know that our wonderful staff gave you a warm welcome and accommodated you well. We hope you will visit us again soon. Thanks again.
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice and clean hotel. Very convenient to all of the amazing things Altoona has to offer. Very friendly front desk and restaurant staff. Only place I stay when I am in the area. If you have an event at the convention center it is also very convenient.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Gooch146
Gooch146,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to have had you as our guest, and we're delighted to hear of your pleasant visit. Thank you for letting other viewers know of our nice, clean hotel located in a wonderful area, Altoona. I'm glad you found our staff friendly, and I hope they added to your comfort and enjoyment. Please visit us again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Courtyard Marriott in Altoona is by far the best place to stay in the area. With an updated lobby, excellent food service, friendly service and clean rooms. The downside was the workout room, which was pitiful (incredibly small, outdated equipment and broken machines.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
mflan46,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear from you about your recent visit with us at Courtyard Altoona. I'm glad you liked our updated lobby, friendly staff, and clean rooms. I appreciate your feedback about our fitness center, and I apologize for it not meeting your expectations. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us as we look forward to seeing you again.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The Courtyard by Marriott in Altoona is the only superior property in the area and I have found the staff committed to service and excellence.

The rooms are large and are sporting new colors and decorations that enhance the decor.

I have consistently found that the room has been well maintained. This property is used by PSU fans and despite the party abuse that I am sure it endures from time to time, the cleanliness is excellent and the maintenance staff keeps things in repair.

A faucet was leaking in my room and I mentioned it to the front desk the day after Christmas and was fixed immediately.

Snow fell throughout the day on 12/26 and the parking lots and the driveway was maintained as well as could be expected given the inch an hour accumulation. In the morning the entire property was plowed and it was easy to leave.

This is a quality property with quality service. Kudos to the staff and management.

I will be returning again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank George M
George M,
Thank you greatly for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied guest who has enjoyed staying with us and has appreciated our high caliber customer service. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you'll continue to visit us. Thanks again.
United, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stay here each year while visiting over the Christmas holidays. Last year the lobby was being renovated. WOW, how great it looks. So modern and clean. The room as always was large and so nice. (king room). Used the indoor pool and hot tub and the temp. for winter was great. We requested an early check in and no problem at all. We stayed Dec. 26th during a snowstorm and the entire staff worked so hard to keep the parking lot cleared as well as check in area clean as guests were entering.
The only thing we notice each year is the quality of the TV service. Nice flat screens, but they need to upgrade the service. Every channel is always a bit fuzzy. We will stay here again when in the area.. P.S. Every staff member at this hotel had a smile and was always willing to help in anyway the could! THANK YOU!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian03
Brian03,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear from you, and we greatly appreciate your continued patronage. I'm glad you liked our spacious, comfortable rooms as well as our exceptional staff. Your feedback about the tv service is appreciated and will be taken in review. I'm glad you were treated with smiles and hope you'll return for more.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed at this property this week and called ahead to ask the to remove the feathers in the room and the front desk happily took care of my request. The room was very clean, well lit with a very comfortable mattress seating area, mini fridge and LCD TV. I mistakenly forgot my toiletry bag and I asked the front desk where the closest pharmacy was and they just gave me everything I needed to be fresh the next day. The bathroom was well lit with ample pressure in all of the facilities. I had breakfast at the restaurant the next morning and they made great scrambled egg whites with tomatoes and cheese and had a Starbucks so I was able to get two double black eyes to get my day started extremely caffeinated.
The staff was very friendly, attentive and genuinely seemed to have a good time working with each other. A little off he beaten path unless you are going to a convention, but a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you have allergies
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Bob W,
Thank you for your kind review. We're pleased to hear of your pleasant stay with us, and we're delighted to have had you as our guest. I'm glad our staff was attentive to your needs as well as friendly and professional. Glad you liked the Starbucks and breakfast too! Please plan to join us again. We look forward to your next visit.