“Great weekend stay!”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“Great weekend stay!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Construction is complete and everything is very nice. Staff and service was excellent for the entire stay. The small restaurant and bar in hotel was convenient and good, service was outstanding. We had a number of family members staying at the hotel to attend a family event nearby. After the event we gathered in the lobby seating area and extended our time together. The area was nicely decorated with comfortable seating, tv and internet access but mostly the atmosphere was a friendly fun place to relax and continue conversations.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Woodstock, Va
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We have stayed at several other motels here and didn't know about this motel but they are very nice. Even though there is construction going on we are very pleased with the room. Compared to the other choices I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: priceline for a good deal
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Woodstockpilgrim,

We couldn’t have asked for a nicer review, thanks so much! It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed January 29, 2012

First off, they are under construction and will be for the next 6 weeks. For the trouble, they are offering free breakfast and cocktails, but to be honest, I would prefer telling us before we booked and giving a discount on the rooms.

Some staff are friendly, others obviously did not want to be there. Desk clerk told us the hotel was completely filled but Marriott.com still had rooms available (hate being lied to).

Could here everything in next room. Morning shower went cold then was Luke warm. Breakfast tasted terrible. Maid left plate with food in the room (what else was dirty?).

This place gets away with this stuff as it is the only Marriott in Altoona. Next time, State College.

I hear the comfort suitesnis nice here.

• Stayed January 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Intermanus,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the current renovations during your stay. Positive and negative feedback keeps us accountable and working to be the best and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I would like to note that our front desk has the most accurate information of room availability especially during renovations. I will be discussing all your comments with my team during or next weekly meeting. I hope this experience does not deter you from staying with Courtyard in the future.

Katie Millward
United, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stayed at this Courtyard over the Christmas holiday while visiting family in the area. We had requested and early check in and our room was ready by noon.
The hotel is undergoing some renovations, but in no way did it interupt our stay. The rooms were very clean and the staff are all friendly. We have stayed at this hotel at least 3 times in the past and will continue to do so when in the area. The best in Altoona. We did not eat at the breakfast buffet. It was 6.95 per person. We always go about a half mile up the road to Kings Family rest. Great breakfasts!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Thanks Brian03,

We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to seeing you again!

Yours truly,
TEXAS
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I always stay at the Courtyard, whether traveling on business or to see my family. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, as they have helped me numerous times. Just recently, I stayed with my husband and children while visiting family in the area. You don't even realize there is a renovation happening! I am very excited to see the new spaces when it is complete. I definately recommend the Courtyard brand to all my friends and collegues and especially the Altoona Courtyard when I know of a coworker traveling to this area. It's a beautiful area all year round and I look forward to going back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Euless, Texas
Reviewed December 8, 2011

If you are working in Altoona, this is your only Marriott property option. This hotel is lame. The staff sucks and the rooms lack maintenance. The furniture is tired and the plumbing leaks. The elevators are slow. The staff doesn't recognize Marriott rewards guests until they are informed of their error. They seem to forget to read the profiles. Mine clearly states high floor, king, no handicap and away from elevator. I was placed in a king room near the elevator. This week I made a list of problems in my room and handed it to the staff to have repaired. Bathtub fills up while showering, lamp bulbs out, TV stations snow, and lack of hot water from shower. The repair were done but the staff seemed to be bothered by my requests. I have to ben back in Altoona next week and will stay here one more time. If things continue to go bad next week, I'll request some points. Anyway, if you can afford to drive 45 minutes you may want to stay in State College area. I am considering it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 8, 2011

There are so many great things I can say about this hotel, staff, location, service... Everything was amazing and top notch! The front desk staff was the greatest! The maid was so nice. It is located feet away from the Convention Center, I wasn't going there but prime location if you need to. Plenty of parking. Beautiful view in the morning! Ask for a balcony, plenty of room to host people. The pool was great, plenty of room to have friends sit around and chill. The courtyard outside was pretty. For people like me and my bands, there was plenty of room up the small hill in the Convention Center parking lot for tour buses. So bands, don't let that stop you from staying here.If you want quality service, staff, comfortableness, and price. STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Balcony Room... Can host more people if traveling with friends or family.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Altoona, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Thanks so much DaveNthe804 for your nice review and recommendation! I am glad you and your band found our accommodations met and exceeded your needs. I am fortunate to have a great team that truly cares about offering great service. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Altoona area.

Katie Millward, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altoona
Hampton Inn Altoona
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 15 in Altoona
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Altoona

Been to Courtyard Altoona? Share your experiences!