“Disappointed......”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed......”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Great menu, food preparation and presentation lacks love. Fancy dining but lacks atmosphere. Service was good. Wife had the special and it was awful, cod that looked like it was microwaved lacking the shrimp/lobster sauce. Didn't
charge us for the cod, obviously they knew it was crap too. Will not go back.

1 Thank wowtrk

Hastings, Pa
“Good food but a but a bit pricey”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

The food is great but a bit overpriced. The menu offered a nice variety.

2 Thank weekendtraveler049
Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful taste of the Mediterranean!”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

The hummus is the best I have ever had and there has not been a meal that has not pleased. The Sunday and Holiday buffets are great, as are the lunch and dinner menus. The Friday Night live music is special also.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank aspeck
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“my new favorite place to eat”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

wonderful, tasty food....GREAT service.... friendly, knowledgeable waiters...meals are always prepared quickly, food is always hot....atmosphere very nice and romantic....been here several times and i cannot get enough!!! i always get the salmon, but have tried others food and all has tasted so good.....

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank msbingy
Columbus, Georgia
“WOW! You don't expect this in the hills of PA!”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

While visiting the area on a weekend I drove past chain "restaurants" such as Olive Garden and noticed long lines waiting for a table, which prompted me to wonder: What insanity has gripped these fine people?
Less than a mile away from the prepackaged trash that IS the chain eateries is the hidden gem of the Alleghenies,- Phoenicia!
What a wonderful find!
Atmosphere was lovely with live jazz and only one other couple in the entire place. At first thought I feared I may have made a mistake since folks crowded a crappy eatery and left this one virtually empty. My fears were soon vanquished.
One look at the menu and I knew that I had found the right place... plenty of lamb dishes and other Middle Eastern favorites that an average man would have to go on deployment to a war zone to sample!
My son and I ordered a kebab meal for two that included a sample of each meat offered with generous sides of rice and hummus.
The food was so well prepared and presented that I ordered several dishes "to go" knowing that I would not be in town to enjoy eating here again.
Prices are what I would rate as LOW. Sure you can spend less at Appelbees but you also get what you pay for. Looking at the mix of quality ingredients used by Phoenicia versus what they charge for a meal I am left wondering how they turn a profit? My wallet and stomach are not complaining!
Originally I am a native of the Altoona area and there are only a few places worth paying to eat in: Erculiani's (now closed) Finelli's Italian Villa (AWESOME), The Allegro, and now Phoenicia.
With Erculiani's now closed and Finelli's and Allegro being much higher in cost per meal, why would anyone NOT eat at Phoenicia? I encourage you to try this food merchant and see if you can prove me wrong. I will make it a priority to bring guests to dine at Phoenicia each and every time I visit my home town.

• Visited November 2011