“The cuisine rivals or surpasses anything that I've had in Italy or anywhere else.”

Finelli's Italian Villa
Ranked #1 of 166 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Seafood selection was phenomenal. I recommend any offering that includes the chef's crab supreme. The wait staff was knowledgeable and made spot-on recommendations for wine pairings for each course and they were prompt and attentive. And make sure you save room for dessert. I recommend the angel cake with almonds. Thanks to everyone that is part of the Finelli's staff. You made my stay an unforgettable experience and I will make sure that I make it here every time I am in town.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Famy Traditions at Finellis”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Came to Finellis with relatives from out of town ... Again! They won't go anywhere else. The feature, Grouper with crab supreme, was fantastic. As always, the homemade desserts were a perfect ending.

1 Thank Christian G
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love, love, love this place!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

My family really can't say enough good things about this restaurant. The food is to ALWAYS delicious! The service is always great. The wait staff and the owners treat us like family. I am very particular and like everything to be top notch when I am eating out. Finelli's successfully exceeds my expectations on a regular basis. Great wine selection. Best Bloody Mary around. Appetizers, salads and entrees are always prepared from scratch consistently delicious. Definitely try the homemade soups! Desserts are all homemade. The only issue with the desserts is that is it impossible to chose the best one because they all melt in your mouth! If you are traveling to Altoona, do yourself a favor skip the chain restaurants and head to Finelli's. You won't regret it!

Visited May 2014
“Brought two guests and they loved the experience”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had asked a couple to join us for some great Italian food. We went to Finelli's Italian Villa and we had two great appetizers to share, 4 wonderful dinners and shared two delicious deserts. The service and food were excellant and our guest could not wait to go back
Dont miss this resturant it is great
BAS

1 Thank Larrysavino
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Amazing! We were visiting Altoona for a conference and the hotel staff recommended Finelli’s. You just don’t get a meal here. You get an Italian-American experience. It’s got to be the most heartfelt eatery I’ve been to this side of the Atlantic. Family owned and operated, the food is delicious — just like grandma used to make. The owners are welcoming and the staff is delightful. They make you feel like you are old friends. Be willing to spend some time SAVORING the quaint ethnic atmosphere, right in the middle of an old neighborhood. They don’t cut corners with the quality and freshness of the dishes. Cent’anni!

1 Thank funrandomtraveler