“Great Italian Food in Altoona , PA”

Finelli's Italian Villa
Ranked #1 of 166 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Great Italian Food in Altoona , PA”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had the pleasure of dining at Finelli's on a recent trip to Altoona. The owners were warm and welcoming, and really made me feel at home. The food was delicious, presentation was very good and the service was terrific. I have eaten in many Italian restaurants in the North Jersey and Finelli's is on par with some of the best ! I would highly recommend this restaurant !

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Elisabetta1020

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Hands down one of the best Authentic Italian Restaurants I have visited.”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My husband and I were in town on business and visited Finelli's. Being from out of state we were not familiar with any of the local restaurants. I wanted to give other travelers who may visit Altoona some insight on this wonderful Italian restaurant. It is located in a quaint residential area. We were greeted as we came in the door and seated very quickly. The decor was old world style and very charming. The atmosphere was very friendly and comfortable. Our server was friendly and helpful. She made everything sound good as she gave us the special dishes of the night. The menu had a large selection of appetizers and entrees at very affordable prices.I had the Angel hair pasta and meat sauce and my husband ordered Rigatoni. Our entrees were served with bread and a crisp fresh mixed green salad and we chose the house vinaigrette which was out of this world.Our pasta was cooked just right and the meat sauce was seasoned perfectly. One of the things I loved about the dish was the pasta was not served dry or with too little sauce.The portion size of our entrees were very generous. As we finished up our dinner the owner of the restaurant came to our table and visited with us thanking us for visiting the restaurant. Overall it was a great dining experience.We will most definitely revisit Finelli's.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tonya W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine dining at it's best ”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband took me out for my birthday, we wanted a nice place to celebrate and boy did we pick the right place. We chose a nice bottle of wine to start, which was surprisingly inexpensive. The server was very informative and attentive. The atmosphere made us feel at home and relaxed. We loved the eggplant and veal we ordered so much that we had to split dessert (which looked too good to pass up) we had a wonderful evening and will definitely return. Very affordable for fine dining.

1 Thank Stephanie E
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding Italian Restaurant!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We were in Altoona for business and stayed at the Hampton Inn. We stopped at the desk and asked the very helpful staff for dinners recommendations. Our preferences for the evening ,lwere Italian or Chinese. Without hesitation Victoria, Kim and Brandy said in unison... Finelli's!

They proceeded to pull out a menu and showed us a very comprehensive, appetizing menu. They gave us directions and explained that the directions would take us into a residential area, but that we needn't worry.

It was dark, but we followed the directions and pulled up outside a cozy looking place in an older neighborhood. We went around the side of the building and entered into the establishment. Inside we found a very provincial, quaint place and were quickly seated at a nicely appointed table.

Our waitress brought the menus and explained the specials for the evening. I chose a veal dish and my associate chose the salmon special. In the mean time we order a couple of glasses of the house reds and were pleasantly surprised. When the food arrived it looked great. We dug in and found both to be very tasty.

After dinner we were shown an amazing desert menu with home baked deliciousness. Unfortunately we had not left room for the tiramisu and cannoli's, but will have to sample them on our next trip.

I definitely recommend Finelli's and will be back there the next time I come to Altoona!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Fred C
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Best food in Altoona”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I have been coming here for years for our weekly "mother/daughter dinner". The food is always excellent as well as the service. If you r coming through Altoona and want a great dining experience, I suggest u try out this Italian gem!! I know I will b coming back every week for years to come!

1 Thank Erinvent