“THE place for outdoor dining in Altoona, PA”
Review of The Knickerbocker

The Knickerbocker
Ranked #12 of 175 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Possibly named The Kinickerbocker Tavern?
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It's all about the patio. A diverse menu with something for everyone. Excellent Cobb salad. A wonderful spot if you find yourself in Blair county between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Don't let the exterior scare you off. The courtyard is charming.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a fantastic experience! Our server (can't remember her name) but she was super attentive and friendly! She brought out numerous beer samples of the many drafts they had available for me to try. The was food excellent. I had tomato soup and their fire house wings and they were super! My fiance had their fried zucchini and greek salad and she raved about both. We sat out in the outdoor dining area that was very quaint and relaxing as they had 2 water fountains going and also used string lighting to good effect. I'd highly recommend!

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Trip advisor helped us to end our cross country trek with a yummy lunch, although they charged NY prices In Altoona, lunch was yummy and much better than we thought it was going to be when we drove up. This is a hidden gem in a very long drive across Pennsylvania!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stopped in before an Altoona Curve Game.
I had a Meat/Cheese/Veggie Platter...I forget what it was called on the menu.
It was GREAT! 4 Adults could have shared it.

Bob, the bartender gave us Great Service.
Bob was full of local tips, never let our glasses go dry(without being obtrussive)and also called to make sure our taxi cab would be on time.

We were so impressed that we returned after the game.

For the 2nd visit we sat in the Courtyard.
Again, Great Food & Great Service.
I'm sorry, I do not remember our servers name.
But,
Everything was All Good....I had the loaded House Made Nacho's.
I enjoyed every bite.

Should we get back to Altoona - I would make it a point to stop here!

Ted G

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Glad we stopped. It does look like a dive bar from the outside. The food was great. We ate in the courtyard and the atmosphere was also great. Wonderful historical building. We will be back.