“Great Local Find!”

The Knickerbocker
Ranked #11 of 170 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Possibly named The Kinickerbocker Tavern?
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stopped in before an Altoona Curve Game.
I had a Meat/Cheese/Veggie Platter...I forget what it was called on the menu.
It was GREAT! 4 Adults could have shared it.

Bob, the bartender gave us Great Service.
Bob was full of local tips, never let our glasses go dry(without being obtrussive)and also called to make sure our taxi cab would be on time.

We were so impressed that we returned after the game.

For the 2nd visit we sat in the Courtyard.
Again, Great Food & Great Service.
I'm sorry, I do not remember our servers name.
But,
Everything was All Good....I had the loaded House Made Nacho's.
I enjoyed every bite.

Should we get back to Altoona - I would make it a point to stop here!

Ted G

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Glad we stopped. It does look like a dive bar from the outside. The food was great. We ate in the courtyard and the atmosphere was also great. Wonderful historical building. We will be back.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Everything was awesome.....food, service.....and the bathrooms had been upgraded. Just wish there was a wall for the sitdown toilet.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We've never had a bad meal from their extensive menu, everything is really good and reasonably priced. It's a new go-to for us and we're happy we tried it!

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Looking for good good on Altoona. Pleasantly surprised to find this hole in the wall. A little shady from the outside but fun atmosphere and good food inside. We will be back.

Been to The Knickerbocker? Share your experiences!