“Motel ruined a romantic night”

Comfort Suites Altoona
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Imler, Pennsylvania
“Motel ruined a romantic night”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I wanted a romantic Christmas gift for my fiancée she has been ill for some time and I wanted something special for her ,in November I booked a juccuzzi room for us for December 18th we arrived and they said we didn't have a reservation gave them the confirmation number said it was for November 18th.Wow that's funny that's about the time it was booked I spoke personally to them to reserve apparently someone doesn't know how to do their job.All we were offered was a regular room and they called a sister motel within 15miles no jaccuzzi room available .No more offered in my opinion they should do more to please their customers.We do this quite often for each other we don't want a regular room this was our first time to this motel and they really disappointed us.We always spend extra for the jaccuzzi suite because that's what we enjoy.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank monicaimler
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Altoona, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
I am sorry that you were less than happy with the service that you received at our hotel. We try to always make sure that we treat all of our guests with superior service. Please come and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Medford Lakes, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

The hotel is newer. The lobby and breakfast area were nice and clean. The breakfast was good. The location was right off the highway and not to far from PSU. The mattress sloped into the middle, which is my only complaint. Hopefully they will replace the mattress soon.

Room Tip: We stayed on ground floor need lobby. Our room was quiet, no problems.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank schinnyNewJersey34
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are always looking for ways to improve our property and I will be sure to look into your comment about your bed. Please come see us again soon.
Revloc Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I stay at this hotel frequently, basically just as a get a way. This is by far the best hotel in the Altoona-Johnstown area. Very large, clean rooms and the staff is always friendly, especially at the breakfast bar. The price is reasonable, especially when considering the nearby hotels (Hampton Inn, Marriot, even the Holiday Inn is more usually) This hotel is newer and very well decorated. I would highly recommend that if you need a hotel in the area try the Comfort Suites!

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites so you can't go wrong with your choice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Altoona, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Than you very much for your kind review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and I am happy that you mentioned the value that you received at our hotel. I hope to see you again soon!
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

On Oct.20 at 12:10 am, I attempted to make a reservation at this hotel on Choice Hotels website for Oct. 21-23. I was repeatedly taken back to previous screens by the reservation system. When I received my confirmation the later that day, I realized the reservation was actually booked for October 19, even though I made the reservation on the 20th. I contacted Choice Hotels and they instructed me to contact the hotel directly. I did but no manager was available at it was suggest by the front desk to talk to a manager when I checked in. She did book me a room for the 21st, but had no rooms available for the 22nd. When I checked in I spoke with the manager on duty. Later that evening he informed me that he could only refund half of the hotel rate for the mistaken reservation and I would still be charged roughly $75 of the $150 total bill. He went on to explain that he had an obligation to the hotel owner to collect for the no show stay.
1. It was obvious that I did not intend to stay on the 19th, when I did not make the reservation until the 20th.
2. What about their responsibility to the business traveler that has stayed 97 nights in hotels this year. Yes, that is an accurate number.
3. They still got my money as I stayed on the 21st and tried to stay on the 22nd.

If this had happened at Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn, which is where I normally stay and in the same price range as this hotel, there would have been no issue with correcting the problem.
This hotel is horribly overpriced for the amenities and service. I feel I was ripped off by both the hotel and the Choice Hotels reservation system. I was attempting to give Comfort Inn a test run and they failed miserably. I cancelled two other reservation that I had booked and do not plan to do business with them again. They had their chance. Spend you money elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff C
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Altoona, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I am sorry that you did not feel that we handled your problem correctly. I am also sorry that you had difficulties with making your online reservation and made a reservation for a room on a wrong date.
As you explained to me, you discovered the problem on the next day after we charged you for the room that was reserved. We make sure that all of our guests with guaranteed reservations have a room with us on the day of their arrival. I apologized to you and attempted to solve the problem with you in person, and I am sorry that I did not meet your expectations.
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

the hotel was new and clean. the pool was accessible and spacious. the exercise equipment wasn't working correctly, but otherwise it was fine. they even provided k-cups and a keurig machine in the room.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry that the exercise equipment was not working properly. We check the equipment daily and try to make sure that it is operating in optimal condition at all times. We hope to see you again soon.
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Stayed here for one night with a family of three. Clean and comfortable room, wifi worked good. Had cereal, muffin and fruit for breakfast, no complaints. Right off the Interstate but not much else in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate the kind words. We hope that you will be in the area again soon and that you will choose to stay with us again.
Parkton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I stayed here while attending an event in Patton, PA. Our stay was excellent. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was as expected, and the room was clean. I found the room really quiet even on a night that the hotel was sold out. We will be back!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again soon.