New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Altoona
The Villages
“Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our hot button is cleanliness. This facility exceeded our requirements. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They made us feel like we were long time friends. We needed this because the trip was because of a death in the family. The staff's actions helped to lessen the load. We are very greatful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Samuel M
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Altoona, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
I am sorry that your stay with us was not for a happier occasion, but I am happy that our staff helped you to feel as though you were surrounded by friends. I am also pleased that you found our hotel to be clean. I hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us under better circumstances.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Linesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My stay with Comfort Suites was unexpected due to an online booking arrangement with a nearby Comfort Inn, but the change was certainly worth the extra ten miles traveled. The staff was very welcoming and the hotel was so clean that I thought it was newly opened. Surprisingly, the manager shared that they have been open for three years. The breakfast area was clean, and well stocked. The breakfast attendants were friendly and even offered to take my trash when I was finished. My room was spacious, very clean (including the bathroom), and tidy. I would certainly stay with them again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Greg P
Thanks for writing a review of your recent stay. We are glad that you found everything to be clean and the staff to be helpful. We hope to see you again soon!
Manheim, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our recent 4 day stay was very pleasant at this new hotel. The rooms are spacious and everything was very clean. It is all suites, so there is a nice little sitting area in each room. The lobby is very large and has lots of areas to accommodate a group. View of mountains all around the hotel is beautiful. I don't really have any complaints; just suggestions. Enlarge the pool if possible; way too small. Another mirror above the desk area would be useful instead of a picture. The towel bar is inside the tub area so the towels get wet instead of dry and there is nowhere else to hang a towel. Breakfast was adequate but didn't vary from day to day. The staff was always polite, helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: Top floor may be the best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bgeagleway
Thank you for commenting about your stay at our hotel. I am glad that you commented on the view from our location. We believe that we have one of the most picturesque settings in Blair County. I am also glad that you enjoyed our rooms and found our staff to be polite. Your suggestions will be considered as we are always looking to exceed guest expectations.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night from Sat to Sun. Must have been there the same time as a family reunion or some sort of team gathering. Kids everywhere which is fine except when rooms are not very sound proof. Had kids with me and they complained about the noise. Kids running down halls, in the room above, etc. pool was packed so couldn't even use that -which had been an original reason we chose to stay here.

Now the pluses....staff was very, very friendly. Rooms were large and clean. Nice to have the pullout couch.

Cons....Shower curtain was very short and did nothing got stop the water from getting on the floor. Tried to adjust shower head and was afraid i would break it as it was not very sturdy.

Very isolated location. And very noisy. Not conducive to a good night sleep.

Not sure I will stay here again although I may give it the benefit of the doubt and hope it was just a very busy weekend and that they can impove the shower.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tired T
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Altoona, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I apologize for the excessive noise that you experienced. We try to encourage our guests to have a great time while staying with us. Unfortunately, it sounds like we did not balance the fun of some of our guests with the quiet of our other guests. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and the staff otherwise and I hope that you do give us another visit.
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two nights (Nov 5th and 6th) and LOVED it. I knew I could trust the name "Comfort Suites" but was not familiar with Altoona. The Altoona area surrounding the hotel has a lot of restaurants and shopping but outside of that you are really in the wilderness I probably wouldn't have come here if not for the fact it was business related.

Regardless, The hotel is awesome. Beautiful, brand new, the staff was super friendly. The hotel was VERY clean and the breakfast was very yummy.

I reccomend this and I'm sure I will be in altoona again for business in the future so I will surely stick with this same hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Amy H
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Altoona, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. I am so glad that you found us and enjoyed your stay. We are really proud of our staff and how they treat our guests. Please come see us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

We were staying at Comfort Suites in Altoona for a 5-day vacation just for fun. The hotel was fresh and clean with an excellent complementary hot breakfast. The breakfast stewardess kept all the food fresh and hot and the dining area spic and span. This establishment deserves high marks.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank PastorMarkMO
Thank you for your kind comments. We take a great amount of pride in both our clean hotel and our friendly staff. I also pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast. We constantly try to add new items that our guests will enjoy. We hope to see you again.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We are a travel-loving family of three and we stay at a wide variety of hotels. The "must have" is a pool to let the little one get rid of the wiggles. This Comfort Suites is just two-years old and staying in a new hotel was a treat. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and seriously, a Keuring?! With top-quality coffee! Very nice. Free Wi-Fi, refrigerator and microwave...amenities I expect, but have learned that not all hotels have them. We did enjoy the pool. Yes, it is on the small side, but definitely one of the cleanest we have seen and it was heated. We stayed on the third floor and it was very quiet. Breakfast was fine, sausages, eggs, usual bread assortments and pastries. There were some fresh fruits and a selection of juices and coffee. The breakfast area was clean and well attended. My only complaint is the bathroom! I do not know if this is the same in all rooms, but I assume so. When one walks in the bathroom, the light turns on. The light turns off when "it" senses that no one is in the room. (I guess that is how it works!) That is all fine and dandy unless one has to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. :( I could not figure out if there was an "over-ride" of some sort and at 2am that was the last thing on my mind.
None the less, we would definitely stay here again. The staff were friendly and I found myself thinking that this Comfort Suites was Comfortably Reliable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank happythreesome
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Altoona, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. We are very proud of both the amenities and cleanliness of our hotel. I am also glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. We have team members that work very hard to provide the best food in the cleanest environment. I am sorry that you did not like our bathroom light set-up. We try to anticipate ways to constantly improve. I hope to see you on a return visit soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altoona
Days Inn & Suites Altoona
Altoona Grand Hotel
Altoona Grand Hotel
#9 of 12 in Altoona
3.5 of 5 stars 42 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Altoona? Share your experiences!