Comfort Suites Altoona
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
Econo Lodge(Altoona)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskseparate sitting areaquiet areawafflesdelgrosso's amusement parkchoice hotelspenn stategreat hotela great stayeasy accesstwo queen bedsrefrigerator and microwavepull out sofaclean roomssausageroom was largehorseshoe curve
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We are a travel-loving family of three and we stay at a wide variety of hotels. The "must have" is a pool to let the little one get rid of the wiggles. This Comfort Suites is just two-years old and staying in a new hotel was a treat. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and seriously, a Keuring?! With top-quality coffee! Very nice. Free Wi-Fi, refrigerator and microwave...amenities I expect, but have learned that not all hotels have them. We did enjoy the pool. Yes, it is on the small side, but definitely one of the cleanest we have seen and it was heated. We stayed on the third floor and it was very quiet. Breakfast was fine, sausages, eggs, usual bread assortments and pastries. There were some fresh fruits and a selection of juices and coffee. The breakfast area was clean and well attended. My only complaint is the bathroom! I do not know if this is the same in all rooms, but I assume so. When one walks in the bathroom, the light turns on. The light turns off when "it" senses that no one is in the room. (I guess that is how it works!) That is all fine and dandy unless one has to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. :( I could not figure out if there was an "over-ride" of some sort and at 2am that was the last thing on my mind.
None the less, we would definitely stay here again. The staff were friendly and I found myself thinking that this Comfort Suites was Comfortably Reliable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank happythreesome
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. We are very proud of both the amenities and cleanliness of our hotel. I am also glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. We have team members that work very hard to provide the best food in the cleanest environment. I am sorry that you did not like our bathroom light set-up. We try to anticipate ways to constantly improve. I hope to see you on a return visit soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

...my Mom and I were returning to Canada after my spouse succumbed to pancreatic cancer.
Arriving to find a huge university weekend happening we literally were able to get the last room in the hotel! On learning this, my Mom burst into tears and briefly explained our journey! The
kindness of Gabrielle at the front desk actually made us all teary; we had a soothing and peaceful stay at this very clean hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience that you had at our hotel. I am very sad to hear about your reason for the trip, but I am very happy to hear that a member of our staff was able to empathize with what you were going through. I hope that you can visit us again for a happier time.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was the closest to the college since everything else was booked, a 40 min drive which was a little inconvenient but had no choice. Breakfast was ok, when you're used to Embassy suites, I liked free wi-fi, Front desk ran out of lotion, a first for me. In all it was not a bad experience, its pretty new & clean. Didn't use the pool, but it is small.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Although we are a short drive from State College, we do have many guests that stay with us often when visiting Penn State. I am glad to hear that you mentioned that the hotel was clean. We are very proud of that. I am sorry that the guest did not have any lotion. We try to keep a good supply of everything that our guests may have forgotten. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We liked this hotel. It was a newer hotel and out of town enough to make it very quiet. It was nice and clean and comfortable. They served a good breakfast. We would definitely stay here again. I came down with a lousy cold so was very appreciative to get a good nights sleep

Room Tip: It is so nice when the staff is so helpful.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ArdyHugo_MN

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at our hotel. We are a little bit out of the way but yet very easy to travel to because of our easy access to I-99. I am also glad that you enjoyed our breakfast because we do try to anticipate all of our guest's needs. I hope you got over that cold!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

A big deal for me is a clean, hair free bathroom-this place was spotless. English speaking, American employees and staff explain the cleanliness and well managed facility. Room was very spacious and beautifully furnished. Beds are very comfortable with quality sheets and comforters. Extremely clean. The room contained a new microwave, refridgerator and a terrific Keurig coffee maker with supplies for tea and coffee. Coffee was available at all times in the lobby. The staff provide excellent information for guests regarding the area. The togo breakfast bag was sparse with only a water and an apple. One issue that needs to be addressed is the guests who choose to ignore the no-smoking policy; their inconsideration resulted in a respiratory issue for me-when this is reported to the desk something needs to be done not ignored. The recommendation from the front desk to visit the KnickerBocker Tavern was the best info I received. An excellent, old place with a beautiful courtyard to enjoy a great day.

Room Tip: Suggest a top floor room request to prevent the upstairs walking noise. Many people forget to be considerate of other guests.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AirForceTraveler

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very proud of the job that our housekeeping and maintenance staff does every day. We hear from many many guests about how pleased that they were with the overall cleanliness of the hotel. We try to enforce the non-smoking policy of the hotel 100% of the time. We require guests to initial that they are aware that our hotel is all non-smoking and any violation of this rule will result in a $150 charge for their stay. We value the trust that you put into us to provide a clean smoke free environment.