“Beware of incidental charges”

Comfort Suites Altoona
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Warren, Ohio
“Beware of incidental charges”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

I price through priceline all of the time and this is the first bad incident I have incurred. I was charged an additional $87.16 in addition to the room rate I already paid through priceline. Hotel management refused to refund the hold immediately and by the way no incidental charges were actually billed. I will never stay at this hotel again. It is 9 miles outside of town too. Ramada Inn doesn't even ask me for a card anymore and neither does Courtyard by Marriott. I travel to Altoona on average every 3 weeks.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank dritter1999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

I usually avoid the Comfort Inn chain after staying in several that were way past due for remodeling. I am glad I did not avoid the Comfort Suites in Altoona. From the moment I walked into the lobby till I checked out I was pleased and pleasantly surprised at this hotel.

Front desk: Helpful and professional

Room: Extra large desk, comfortable beds, nice view from window, clean, wonderful roomy bathroom, microwave, fridge,

Breakfast: Nice variety, well taken care of

Pool: Indoor and a nice warm water temperature

Location: Right off the interstate near an industrial park. An easy drive on interstate to get to restaurants and shopping.

Stayed November 2010
1 Thank palmtreequeen1
Brookville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

We stayed there while visiting Delgrosso. I loved the fact that is was not in the city of Altoona, but in a quiet, undeveloped area. Everything was so clean, fresh and modern. The rooms are so nice. I would definetely recommed to someone else, and we will always stay here when visiting Altoona. Love it!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Rome, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

We took a mini roadtrip vacation this past August and hit some of the amusement parks along the way, one of which was DelGrosso's in Tipton, PA. We were looking for lodging near this and found the very new, recently opened Comfort Suites of Altoona. The hotel itself was immaculate - clean and comfortable. The rooms were wonderful with very comfortable pillow top mattresses, flat panel HD televisions and even a Keurig coffee machine with decent supply of K-Cups! The breakfast was not bad and typical fare for a hotel breakfast.

Now, the only downside to this is that it is a bit off the beaten path. There really isn't anyplace close by for food or shopping without driving into downtown Altoona. Last time we were in this area we stayed at the Quality Inn (stay away!) in downtown and the was a plethora of shops on the main road. However, because of the bad experience at that particular Quality Inn, we looked for something else and found this Comfort Suite. Now, chances are things will spring up around it in time, but I still would recommend it. We were very pleased with the stay overall. If we visit the area again we would certainly stay here.

On a side note, the location does make for a very quiet stay!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank BenJF3
S.E. Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

My friend and I are both handicapped and, although we are both female and get along fine, we'd rather not share a bed. This hotel is the FIRST one we have ever encountered that offered TWO beds in a handicap room!! Absolutely wonderful! In addition, the room and bath were both very spacious and accessible. Included a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, iron, huge closet, sofa, coffee table, desk, etc, etc, etc. We were amazed and thrilled. Had planned on staying only one night, loved it so much we extended our stay. Breakfast selection was good but toaster was way too slow and there was only one waffle maker which also slowed the line. Employees were exceptional; professional yet very friendly and helpful. We've already made our reservations for our next trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Logantowner
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

Listen, it's a Comfort Suites, not a Four Seasons, so I do feel silly giving it 5 stars. But I couldn't think of any reason not to: it's impeccably clean with friendly staff. The beds were very comfortable with nice linen. The free breakfast was crowded, but kept fully stocked. Terrific little "business corner" with computers, printers and even staplers and paper clips in the lobby is a brilliant touch as is the coffee, tea and cocoa available 24 hours a day.

It's not walkable to anything, but it's in a quiet location and a quick 10 minute drive to DelGrossos or downtown Altoona.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank VirginiaGolds
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights and found the motel quiet and comfortable.
It seems to have opened recently.
It is about 5 miles North of Altoona off of I99 in an area with a few warehouses and not much else on the street.
The "suite" area is a couch and desk with only a small divider from the bed area.
The front desk staff was friendly and efficient.
The free breakfast area was overcrowded at 9AM with the sign announcing the breakfast partly blocking access to it..
It is three floors high and the single elevator was a slow one

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple