“Exceptional”

Ranked #13 of 175 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Villa Capri carries on a tradition of authentic, homemade Italian specialties known to its neighboorhod. Owner and chef Vinnie Scolaro offers a full menu for lunch and dinner, preparing all of his meals with fresh ingredients from scratch. From seafood to eggplant to pasta to his famous sauce, there is something for everyone. The large dining room is perfect for family gatherings, holidays, and special occassions, with party options like family-style dining and buffets available. Guests enjoy live music on many weekends throughout the year, a complimentary glass of wine or bottle of beer, and the option to bring your own! Our two dining rooms accommodate 125 people; be sure to make reservations if you are planning to visit on the weekend. Parking is available in our lot and the building is wheelchair accessible.
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Not only do I deliver the linen to this establishment, I also take the wife and kids there to eatIt's the best Italian restaurant in Altoona. The kitchen is so clean that you could eat off the floors if there's no room in the dinning room. I've been in a lot of kitchens in Altoona and this is by far one of the cleanest. And all the food is made by hand. Not shipped in by truck and already processed like all the big expensive chain restaurants.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Best Place around to eat! Atmosphere is excellent ! A must for anyone looking for great Italian food with a wonderful staff!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

It was our first dining experience at Villa Capri. On a Friday night, we were pleasantly greeted with Lisa as our server. The atmosphere was great. The food was absolutely delicious with very generous portions. My husbands lasagna was fantastic and the largest piece I ever saw served in a restaurant. I had the chicken parmagiana on a bed of spaghetti with the most amazingly tasty sauce. The portion was so large that I ate it for lunch two days in a row. Our daughter ordered the chicken fettuccine Alfredo that lasted for a few meals also. The wedding soup and tortellini soup was full of flavor. My husband and I were offered a complimentary glass of wine with our entree. For dessert, the chocolate cake with peanut butter icing was by far the best cake I ever ate. The coconut cream pie was also delicious. For the amount of food we received, which included soup or salad and butter-garlic dinner rolls, our bill was so affordable. I would highly recommend eating at this restaurant if you want to enjoy an incredible meal. We will definitely make Villa Capri one of our "go to" restaurants. Three very satisfied customers!!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Villa Capri had the best Italian food I've ever tasted. The manager Lisa came to our table and personally assured we were being taken care of. The entire staff was extremely polite, courteous, and professional. I highly recommend that if you haven't dined here, you're missing out!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Authentic Italian plates. Authentic Italian atmosphere. Amazing Alfredo sauce!!! Worth the drive from state college if you're looking to enjoy an incredible meal.

Been to Villa Capri? Share your experiences!