All reviewsfire pitva hospitallarge walk in showergreat bathroomnice weathergreat place to stayfree breakfastoutdoor areafront desk managerextra towelsvery pleased with our stayexercise roomminute drivecollege visitthis past weekendrooms are largemorning breakfast
Reviewed July 31, 2018

Only needing a room for one night, I chose this Fairfield Inn location for the location and cleanliness and newness it appeared to have online. It's in a very convenient location directly next to the VA hospital. There are several restaurants and shops nearby and even within walking distance.

The hotel is connected to the Residence Inn so you have access to the outside joined areas. Upon entry, the hotel is very clean, well maintained and decorated very nicely. The front desk staff were very hospitable and efficient. The dining area was large, clean and had several TV's for your viewing pleasure. The indoor pool was a decent size and it appeared to be very clean although I didn't use it. The same with the Fitness room. The breakfast was adequate and plentiful for a Fairfield Inn.

I had a 2 queen bed room which was the standard size. The bathroom was a larger size than most. The walk-in shower (my preferred option) was clean and a decent size. There was no microwave in the room (I didn't need it for one night), however, if I stayed longer, I would have preferred that there would be one there. The entire room was spotless. Including behind the bed, the lamp covers and the window seals. Beds were extremely comfortable.

I would stay at this location again for other short stays.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Christa W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement about your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure hearing from our valued guests. We are centrally located which makes it easy to get to both shopping and restaurants in the Altoona area. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed some of our amenities such as the patio and our complimentary hot breakfast.
We hope that you will come and stay with us again in the future!
Christa
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a family reunion and it was clean and comfortable with all the basic necessities. Close to the VA hospital and Altoona Curve baseball area. Breakfast was served and incorporated eggs, meat, breads, waffles and the works to go with that. Excellent fitness center and indoor pool.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Christa W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will come and stay with us again on your next visit to Altoona, PA!

Reviewed July 19, 2018

This is a really nice property. Jackie at the front desk did a great job of checking me in with a smile and good local restaurant info.

There is a great patio with Weber Grills available. There were families using the patio and making s'mores on the fire table. (I think the front desk manager provided the ingredients-you don't see that kind of service often)!

I can't believe this hotel is not rated #1 for Altoona.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Christa W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Thank you for your kind words of praise about our hotel. We love to hear from our guests. It is our main priority everyday to ensure we provide the best customer service we can. We are very happy to hear that you had a positive experience. We hope that you will stay with us again soon!
Thank you!

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

Hampton Inn was sold out, my normal chain. Tried Fairfield Inn, large property. Very similar to a Hampton Inn, free breakfast, indoor pool, exercise room and so on. Front desk staff offered a warm welcome, checked to see if they could get me a lower rate, greatly appreciated. Room was clean, new furnishings and quiet. Checkout was a breeze. Will absolutely come back here in the future.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. It is always a pleasure hearing from our guests, especially those who are trying us out for the first time! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Altoona, PA!

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

I walked in and asked if they had a vacancy. The clerk without any prompt from me said, “Our senior rate is...$84.” It’s always great to have that kind of service. My check in was prompt. The clerk was courteous above and beyond what was required and we were checked in quickly. The room is beautiful and I’d be happy to recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Christa W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

We are very happy to hear that you such great customer service! It is our main goal every day that each of our valued guests have an experience such as yours. We hope that you will come and stay with us again soon!
Christa