“If you like good Italian Food..........”
Review of Aldo's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aldo's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 13, 2010

My lady and I heard about Aldo's when a friend had a birthday party there. We tried it. Being from NYC I found the superb food to remind me of my grandmother's. Totally authentic. Excellent sauce on pasta, simple, not complicated. Just the right portion, presented attractively, with superb service. If you like garlic bread, Aldo's is the best. Fish dinners are tasteful. Meatballs, large enough to use a backhoe. Been a customer there for over a year. Never disappointed. Superb food at an excellent price. You have to try the exquisite desserts. The best gelato this side of Naples. If you have not tried Aldo's for Italian food, you have not had superb Italian food.....

1  Thank DrFeelgood298

Reviewed July 8, 2010

I have been to Aldo's many times for lunch and dinner. The meals are always fantastic! You get large portions for moderate prices. They make the best Gelato..all homemade , traditional and non traditional flavors. They always have a wide variety of soups, specials, and desserts to offer. The atmosphere is also great...fresh flowers from Rosa's garden are on every table. My place of work has had several retirement dinners celebrated at Aldo's. They always have gone above and beyond to make the festivities special. I just can't say enough great things about this place.

Reviewed June 9, 2010

The best place to eat in Altoona, Hands Down!! The sweet blonde waitress is the only thing that can compare to the excellent food they serve. From the time you arrive until you leave it is wonderful. The food is always top notch, and the desserts melt in your mouth. The menu always has a great variety with new entrees to tempt your tastebuds!! All I can say is it is Wonderful.....

Reviewed May 16, 2010

This place is an absolute delight. We found Aldo's on Tripadvisor and thought we would give it a try. It is the perfect locally owned Italian restaurant. The pretty blond server was passionate about the food and the owner. Which to me says a lot. The food was supreme. My husband had the Seafood Lasagna which is usually not something I would like but it was fabulous.It was delicate with loads of seafood with a creamy pomadora sauce. I had the angel hair with spicy vodka sauce. Delish! All we said during dinner was : "Wow!" and "yummmmm". The desserts are all homemade also. We had the tiramisu and was also given a bowl of homemade spumoni complimentary. This place is a a gem. Don't be put off by the location. It is well worth it! We are already planning a trip back. As soon as we left, I called my brother who is a "foodie" to tell him about this place. Our wonderful server made the dining experience even better ( I didn't catch her name but we won't forget her face!)

Reviewed December 23, 2009

I covered mostly everything in the last review but just wanted to add some things I've learned after being back a lot of times.

Consistently the food was top notch. I've had many of their dishes and my parents, friends, and girlfriends have as well.

Their best meal in the place is the homemade gnocchi with vodka sauce, I would recommend going with the spicy sauce, and getting hot/sweet sausage for the meat. It's really incredible and for salad, garlic bread, homemade pasta, and delicious italian sausage for 15 bucks it's quite a bargain. If you don't like gnocchi (small oval noodle that is filled with mash potatoe) then I recommend the other pasta.

This meal is closely followed by their excellent strombolis.

Consistently I had little to no wait time

Consistently the service was kind and friendly, they dressed up for Halloween (owner dressed up as Betty rubble and her husband as Barney) Always were really nice.

Also we came 2 weeks before christmas and they were giving free deserts to go with the meal simply because it was christmas. One free desert for each meal.

If you don't come here if you have a chance you are a fool.