“wonderful”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Aldo's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 9, 2010

The best place to eat in Altoona, Hands Down!! The sweet blonde waitress is the only thing that can compare to the excellent food they serve. From the time you arrive until you leave it is wonderful. The food is always top notch, and the desserts melt in your mouth. The menu always has a great variety with new entrees to tempt your tastebuds!! All I can say is it is Wonderful.....

Reviewed May 16, 2010

This place is an absolute delight. We found Aldo's on Tripadvisor and thought we would give it a try. It is the perfect locally owned Italian restaurant. The pretty blond server was passionate about the food and the owner. Which to me says a lot. The food was supreme. My husband had the Seafood Lasagna which is usually not something I would like but it was fabulous.It was delicate with loads of seafood with a creamy pomadora sauce. I had the angel hair with spicy vodka sauce. Delish! All we said during dinner was : "Wow!" and "yummmmm". The desserts are all homemade also. We had the tiramisu and was also given a bowl of homemade spumoni complimentary. This place is a a gem. Don't be put off by the location. It is well worth it! We are already planning a trip back. As soon as we left, I called my brother who is a "foodie" to tell him about this place. Our wonderful server made the dining experience even better ( I didn't catch her name but we won't forget her face!)

Reviewed December 23, 2009

I covered mostly everything in the last review but just wanted to add some things I've learned after being back a lot of times.

Consistently the food was top notch. I've had many of their dishes and my parents, friends, and girlfriends have as well.

Their best meal in the place is the homemade gnocchi with vodka sauce, I would recommend going with the spicy sauce, and getting hot/sweet sausage for the meat. It's really incredible and for salad, garlic bread, homemade pasta, and delicious italian sausage for 15 bucks it's quite a bargain. If you don't like gnocchi (small oval noodle that is filled with mash potatoe) then I recommend the other pasta.

This meal is closely followed by their excellent strombolis.

Consistently I had little to no wait time

Consistently the service was kind and friendly, they dressed up for Halloween (owner dressed up as Betty rubble and her husband as Barney) Always were really nice.

Also we came 2 weeks before christmas and they were giving free deserts to go with the meal simply because it was christmas. One free desert for each meal.

If you don't come here if you have a chance you are a fool.

Reviewed January 19, 2009

Great place to eat. Homemade pasta and soups. Made to order food. Make your reservations early, especially on Friday nights because it is the place to eat!

Reviewed November 19, 2008

We stopped in the other night for dinner, and WOW what a place!
Our dinner was fantastic. I had the Homemade pasta w/ meat sauce & meatball, which was huge. The bread was the best in town. My wife had the pasta primavera. she absolutely loved it. There was so much that we had enough for lunch the next day.
Go to Aldos. Order the homemade pasta and enjoy one of the best meals you'll ever have. The price was right to.

1  Thank Sasha3AltoonaPa