“What happened to this place?”
Review of Aldo's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aldo's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I used to eat at Aldo's on a regular basis until I moved out of the area two years ago. I was excited to come back, however when I got there the place looked barren. I actually asked if they were open due to the decor, or lack there of. I was devestated to find out Rosa was no longer the owner but didn't think it could have changed that much. I was wrong. I could have made a better pasta dish in my hotel room. It was straight out of a box and overcooked. The sauce was awful and cold. My "homeade" desert would have tasted better and more homeade if it was baked in an easy bake oven. I always had Lisa as my waitress but she was off that evening and the young lady that waited on me was rude and more concerned with talking to her friend in the kitchen than doing her job. I was highly disappointed at paying a much higher cost for such less quality food, and won't do it again. I don't know the new ownership, but it saddens me to see such a fantastic place change so drastically. Never again.

1  Thank caliboundfrompa
Sasha3AltoonaPa, Owner at Aldo's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

I am sorry to hear you had a bad meal at our restaurant. I am the new owner, Richard. I have been here for over 16 years so you probably do know me. I have worked closely with Rosa for many years to make sure the quality of the food would not go down, once we took over.
I hoper you would come back in and let me know so I can personally over see your dinner.
I take every comment to heart and would love the chance to make this right.
As for price, I raised the price of half the dishes less than a $1.00 to cover the rise in food cost. the other half I either reduced (previously too high) or left alone.
Richard

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Homemade pasta, pizza, and even gelato....it doesn't get much better than Aldos. Service can be a bit slow, but it is worth the wait. I recommend the homemade gnocchi, but I haven't tasted anything there I haven't liked yet.

1  Thank mcroft116
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Haven't eaten here in years. The decore is terrible. Service was excellent and food was solid and fresh at a affordable price. All in all good Italian food.

1  Thank ALTOONASHAWN
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My daughter and I went and had dinner here!! The salad was very good my blue cheese was homemade and yummy!! We had very good italian bread and the food was so good!! We will be back and take my husband!!!! The pasta is homemade,the best!!!

1  Thank Arlene O
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great food and service. This was our first visit and we will be back. I had the homemade gnocchi and a meatball, they were very good. I loved the sauce! Mine was a small portion and I have enough left over for lunch. My husband had a stromboli and it was also very good. Friendly atmostphere and great food...what more can you ask for.

1  Thank njp10