“Best kept secret in PA!”
Review of Aldo's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aldo's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We've been going to Aldo's for almost 10 years, and I can say without a doubt that it is the best Italian Restaurant not only in Altoona, but hands down anywhere in central/western Pennsylvania. My wife and I come from more than 50 miles away to have their homemade dishes and desserts. Rich, the new owner, has made some updates to the menu that are really tasty additions to already fine establishment. We have always found the staff friendly and hospitable. I highly recommend the stromboli and homemade gelato. This hidden gem is a wonderful restaurant, don't miss it.

1  Thank marks123456789

Reviewed April 5, 2013

My family and I were in Altoona for the weekend and went back to Aldo's for another great meal. I decided to try the batter dipped Haddock Special, and was so glad I did. The portion was huge, and it was literally the best fish I've ever tasted. I've always been sold on the Chicken Parmesan with homemade pasta and sauce, but now I have another favorite "battered dipped Haddock". Once again we were very satisfied! Thanks to all who make Aldo's a great dining experience!!!

1  Thank Marshmallow1212
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My daughter was a PSU student, and when we came to visit her, we went to Aldo's for dinner. The food is out of this world!!! The prices are good and all their homemade pasta, sauces and desserts make us want to come back for more. It's a real "Mom & Pop style restaurant", which we love! Our only regret is that we didn't find it sooner. Definately a "2 thumbs up"! When ever we're in the area again, you bet we'll be going to Aldo's! THANKS!

1  Thank NurseBailey
Reviewed February 26, 2013

i have been coming here for years and the food and service is always exceptional. ever since the new management and staff has been put into place ive had nothing but an even better experince. i look forward to seeing what new ideas they have each week. keep it up!!

1  Thank jared g
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Since the new owners took over, we have been eating here about once a week. We love the specials and the new expanded beer menu!