“Excellent and pleasant!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Aldo's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Found it on trip advisor, traveling through altoona just for 1 night. Loved the Homemade pasta, sauce and meatballs. Waitresses very pleasant. Home style Italian food.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We went to Aldo's while we were in the area traveling. I found it via trip advisor and was excited because of the great reviews and we love Italian food.

At first glance form the outside, you would be skeptical since it's in an older building.

However, once you have the food, it was excellent. My son ordered the beef vegetable soup, which was outstanding (my wife couldn't resist eating a lot of it, but my son finished it off).

We got the homemade pasta with meatballs and stuffed shells. Both were delicious.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Ate at Aldo's for a special night, just as a surprising twist. It's not your typical special celebration place, as it isn't fancy or even "intimate", but everyone said it was good.

The home made pasta was wonderful - an amazingly soft pasta with excellent freshly made sauce. I had fettucine, which is very hard to keep from sticking w/pasta this soft, but it was absolutely perfect. The salads were also exceptional with lots of fresh greens and home made salad dressings.

Had broiled haddock, which was a real test as I was expecting a bland, dry, mushy piece, but was astonished that it was perfectly prepared, moist - not mushy, tasty w/o a lot of "cover-up" sauce. This fish could have been in much more expensive restaurants in Phila, but here it was in Altoona.

Dessert was a home made spumoni, fat-free gelato, a specialty of the house. It was really exceptional. Highly recommended.

A surprisingly good restaurant in Altoona; probably the best there, as far as I've seen.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

On a business trip, with a night to spend in Altoona, I wanted a decent meal. Italian is always high on my list of preferred restaurants, and even though Olive Garden was closer, I like trying the local fare first. Besides, everyone seems to love this place! Well, not me. The atmosphere is no more than average. The salad was not quite up to average. The salmon, though, was very good, some of the best I've had (fresh Alaskan, I was told). The tiramisu had plenty of lovely cream, but not much else. I'd certainly come here again, and would recommend it, but it's rating of "number one restaurant in Altoona" tells me there's few good places to eat in this town!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

My wife, children and I dined at Aldo's for the first time tonight. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We inquired regarding recommendations and they were spot on. Soups, salad dressings, pasta and desserts are homemade. A true bright spot in the City of Altoona. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Lloyrdestroyr