“Would make a great place for a family picnic or reunion.”
Review of Lakemont Park

and up
Private Half-Day Walking Tour: Berlin Wall, Cold War and Checkpoint Charlie
Ranked #5 of 23 things to do in Altoona
More attraction details
Owner description: The eighth oldest park in the United States.
Hershey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Would make a great place for a family picnic or reunion.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Great little park for the family. If you are expecting Hershey park , stay home. We loved the fact that you did not have to stand in line. An all day slide and play pass was 5.oo . How can you go wrong.

1 Thank 333Abby

Hackettstown, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Family Amusement & Water Park”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Park is located about 45 min. south of State College just off of I-99. This is a VERY nice Family park for younger children. That being said, I did notice a few couples there on their own, just walking around & enjoying the water park. For $5 (on special days - check the website), you just can't beat it. They offer Wheelchair & wagons for rent. We went with my Daughter & her Family.....a 6 yr. old & 3 mo. old. We went to this park last year, but it was in Sept. & the water park wasn't open, so we wanted to check it out this year. What some people say about not a lot of shade is correct, however, there are several big Pavilions that you can sit under to cool off. There were no crowds, so waiting in line was not an issue at all....another plus! We were camping & stayed at Wright's Orchard Station Campground, Duncansville, which is only a 5 min. drive to the Park. It's not a fancy campground and does not have a playground, but that's what the Amusement Park was for! They have the nicest bathrooms I have ever seen at a campground with 2 beautiful handicapped accessible showers. Altoona is the next town over & boasts a SAMS Club, Walmart, Target, plus lots of eating places.

2 Thank Chris L
Pennsylvania
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 178 helpful votes
“A Step Back in Time”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Lakemont Park is a small traditional park and one of the gems of Pennsylvania. As far as I know, there is no other park in the USA where you can park your car for free and get an all day admission ticket for as cheap as $5.00!! This is by no means a destination park, but certainly worth a visit if traveling through central PA. The park is home to the classic 'Leap the Dips' side friction wooden rollercoaster (over 100 years old!), as well as rare Chance rides such as a Skydiver and Toboggan. Although the park has a carnival-type appearance, the rides are very safe and well maintained - Pennsylvania has very strict safety guidelines for amusement parks. Enjoy!

2 Thank Thrillrider
Charleston, South Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Love Lakemont!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I grew up in Johnstown, I used to go to Lakemont as a kid and now I take my daughter to the park every time we go home to visit. It's $5 to get in on certain days in the summer and that includes the amusement and water park - I mean where on earth can you go to a park for that much? Where I currently live it costs us nearly $30 a person to get into the county fair...
Anyway, if you want Six Flags - then don't go here, because that is not Lakemont's thing. This is an older amusement park, with old school rides - you will not find a Millennium Force roller coaster here. My daughter is 3 and we spend hours riding the kiddie rides, then a few more hours swimming in the big pirate themed water park....Very small amusement park, but loads of fun and at a cost you will not find anywhere else...

Visited June 2013
3 Thank EricaWV
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Sad park drive the 10 miles to Delgrosso's.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

How can anyone think this park is even slightly, ok? The place is falling down. No shade in the summer "you fry if u are not at the water park " I remember what a jem this park was in a yesteryear. It s not nostalgia behind me ripping apart this park its simply run down the rides are old, outdated, carnival style at best. Seriously people there is a jem right down the road at delgrosso's spring an extra 6 bucks or so and take the family to a nice family park that's not falling apart.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank ALTOONASHAWN

Been to Lakemont Park? Share your experiences!