“Great fun for the price”
Review of Lakemont Park

and up
Private Half-Day Walking Tour: Berlin Wall, Cold War and Checkpoint Charlie
Ranked #5 of 23 things to do in Altoona
More attraction details
Owner description: The eighth oldest park in the United States.
Ontario, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Great fun for the price”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This park was great and the staff were quite friendly. For only $9.95 each it was well worth it. There were many rides and all in close proximity.
Highly recommended.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank thumper114

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Bad gross and dirty.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Went for the forth of July. There was about ten people there. Ad says $5 wednesday..Thursday. ..and Friday. ..but not Thursday July 4th. The place isn't maintained. Planter boxes empty. Just gross. This place will not be open very long. Very sad

Visited July 2013
2 Thank vaccumqueen
Pataskala, Ohio
148 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 267 helpful votes
“Faithful and consistent.”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I am usually able to get to Lakemont at least every other year. This is a small park, but it has lots of class and history. The oldest operating coaster is here, and the price to get into the park is very affordable, less than ten dollars most of the time. The rides are older, but they seem to be in good shape. The employees are VERY pleasant, and this is a great place to hold a picnic. A water park with a few attractions is included with the admission. The park has enough to do for the whole family. It is a great way to spend a few hours.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Amusementparkguy
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Not bad for the price.”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My son and I went to Lakemont Park for a day in June 2011(not an option for me to pick). The place was close to deserted. It really does seem like a traveling carnival parked the carnival there in the 50's, built a fence and never left. The rides are old and rickety looking but they must pass inspection to stay open. Some of the ride operators were operating more than one ride (not at the same time). Seemed odd to me but from an operational standpoint, I get it. The admission is less the $10/person, you can bring your own food, drinks, snacks, whatever you want in so they can't be making a killing here. We were able to ride the roller coaster(free one) 6 or 7 times in a row without getting off which was awesome. Never once did I feel unsafe and I didn't have any issues with the ride attendants. I also can't recall if my son was measured for anything but then again, if I didn't think he was big enough for it, I certainly wasn't going to let a 15 yr old determine that for me.

The water area was ok. Nothing spectacular....but again less than $10 per person and it's included so expectations have to match the cost. I didn't see any one fall, get hurt or cause harm. Lifeguards were present and doing their jobs.

My son had a hot dog there but that was all we ate. It was ok but wouldn't buy another one. Most places weren't even open and I can't say I blame them as most people had brought stuff and had it stored on the picnic tables.

We would return if we were in the area and needed something to do. I'd try to go on a dollar day because you can't beat that price. If you expect a caliber park such as Hershey ($60 admission and $12 park) for the price of Lakemont ($10 admission and free parking), then you will certainly be disappointed.

Visited June 2012
6 Thank Amanda0679
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Lakemont is a great get away for the family.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Lakemont is a great family getaway. Very reasonable admission. And the food is is ok.
A lot of history too.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Matt G

Been to Lakemont Park? Share your experiences!