“not bad”

and up
Private Half-Day Walking Tour: Berlin Wall, Cold War and Checkpoint Charlie
Ranked #5 of 23 things to do in Altoona
More attraction details
Owner description: The eighth oldest park in the United States.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“not bad”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

we wanted to visit this park because we saw it highlighted in a PBS special of great old amusement parks. my family has visited many parks in PA. this was fine. Positive- I can say it's a nicely landscaped park and the minature golf was fun. I have a 5 yr old that enjoyed that and the go carts very much. he loved riding leap the dips. it can get expensive becuase its $2.50 each time you ride.they had some rides we don't have locally. we went on a $5 day and it was a good price but everything is extra(the go carts, leap the dips, golf). they have a nice train and the food seemed ok but there isn't much of a selection.
negative-
most of the rides are carnival rides that didn't really seem like they were maintained that well. the 2 coasters look very old and all the paint is falling off. it made them appear really old and poorly cared for.
what I hated most and until it's changed we will never go back.---I live very close to idewild and kennywood and we also visit hershey yearly. all of these parks have smoking in desgnitated areas ONLY. At lakemont you are allowed to walk around and smoke and there are cigarrette butts every all over the ground and people were smoking all over the place I am sitting on a bench waiting and someone sits down and smokes you are in line and someone is smoking. I am terribly bothered by smoke and hated this enough that it will keep me from every returning. I believe there were signs that said you could not smoke in kiddieland but we were there for 7 hrs and I NEVER saw any type of security at all. for a park that is supposed to be "family friendly" I wasn't very happy with this at all. we won't be back until these policies are changed.

3 Thank t d

PITTSBURGH, PA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“GREAT PARK.....GREAT VALUE!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Lakemont park is a great place to take your family for a fun filled day! They had plenty of rides for all of the family to enjoy! I took 2 18 year old boys and 2 small children (ages 4 and 5). They all enjoyed it very much. The rides are all older, but in excellent running condition! Not one ride was closed for repairs and all the kids with me were able to ride almost every ride together! They had 2 large rollercoasters and even had a small one for the little kids so that they didnt feel left out! The park and the waterpark both were very clean, didnt have any any trash laying around! The waterpark was nice for the little kids, both my kids were able to go down the waterslides by themselves and the pirate ship pool was enjoyable to both of them. The water was nice and clean with many lil ones enjoying it! The food was moderately priced, though they had the common amusement park foods! Something different would of been a pleasant surprise! They do have somethings to do that do cost a little bit extra, but the prices are so small that you dont even mind paying a little bit extra! My family choose to do the mini-golf course, which was enjoyed by all! It was not your run-of-the-mill, hurry through mini-golf course! Even the older kids with me found some of the holes a challenge! So to sum this all up, if you are looking for a nice park to take the family to, you cant beat Lakemont Park!

2 Thank MRBinPA
Buffalo, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Surprisingly fun”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The only place in the world to ride a 100 year old coaster!! Skyliner is also a classic that still packs a nice thrill. Park is older, and doesn't have the millions at its disposal that disney can throw around, but still a hidden gem- and they only charged $5 for admission!! Been to over a fifty parks, and look forward to going back here...

3 Thank DrXYZ
Greencastle, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great family fun”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Lakemont Park has 2 wooden roller coasters, a go cart track, a small water park and numerous carnival rides. This is a small venue, so the Lines are short and no long walks from ride to ride is welcomed. My kids loved it. The food was reasonable and yummy.

3 Thank Amelia A
Pataskala, Ohio
174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 288 helpful votes
“Small but nice”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Lakemont is not the first park one would think of when the words amusement park are mentioned. The park is not overly large, and the amount of rides are few. Yet, it is a very affordable, family-friendly park. Cost to get in is less than $10. The park also has the world's oldest coaster, Leap the Dips, built in 1902. (This is not included with admission.) The Skyliner, a wooden coaster, was relocated from Roseland Park when it closed. There is a water park, albeit small, included with admission. And the park has the Skydiver, a hard-to-find Ferris wheel variation. This park is great for small picnics as there is ample room for people to gather. Since it is not that large, one won't need lots of time to enjoy the park in its entirety. Patrons will get their money's worth. Trolley parks like these are well over 100 years old. They need patrons like us to help keep them operating to preserve the memories and the history.

3 Thank Amusementparkguy

Been to Lakemont Park? Share your experiences!