“Just OK”

Book In Advance
More Info
$187.47*
and up
Private Half-Day Walking Tour: Berlin Wall, Cold...
Ranked #8 of 24 things to do in Altoona
More attraction details
Owner description: The eighth oldest park in the United States.
Reviewed July 29, 2012

It's a convenient place to take kids I guess. Nothing real special. The same thing every time. They should host bigger concerts.

All reviews
in 28 reviews
"toboggan"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is a great park for the family. You can take in a picnic, it's free admission so the grandparents can come along and watch, and only $5 (wed, thurs and fri) to ride and for the waterpark! It is an extra $2.50 to ride Leap The Dips, but I highly recommend it!! Who wouldn't want to say "I rode a coaster from 1902!" ?? It's nice to see a park that is really aimed toward the family and not all about the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR! Very nice staff, I can't say it enough..they were ALL sooo friendly! This is not a high dollar, over priced money trap.. this is a place you take your family and make real memories. The park was clean and beautiful flowers all over the place. I had a blast and it'll be a family tradition going.

4  Thank Billie Jo H
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I took my kids to Lakemont Park for the first time on 7/27/12. I have not been to this park in 21 years. Now we had gone to Delgrosso's earlier in the summer and it was ok but my kids are getting to big for most of those rides and they were bored by the way my kids ages are 5, 7, and 12. So we go to Lakemont and first thing the admission is only $5 on Wed, Thurs, and Fri. what a great deal this includes the rides and the waterpark. My kids had the time of their lives now there are no modern rides at this park and yes the rides are older but it didn't matter at all we had the best time as a family that i can remember in ages. My kids loved that they could just keep getting back on the rides with no lines. Also the staff are younger kids but they were all very nice and allowed us to get pictures of the kids on the rides before they started the rides you would never get that at a bigger park. Now the little known fact about this park is it is the 8th oldest amusement park opened in 1894 in the U.S. and also has the oldest roller coaster in the world built in 1902 called Leap the Dips. This coaster was saved from the wrecking ball by coaster enthusiasts back in the late 90's after sitting in disrepair for over a decade. But what most people don't realize is this is a great ride I mean really fun. My 12 year old son and I rode it twice and he said Dad that was awesome it does cost an addtional 2.50 to ride but it is worth it and the money goes into the preservation of the ride so it's a good cause. Other highlights were the Skyline coaster really fun bumper cars the Tobaggon coaster is unusual and fun and they have a great train ride. Overall I just can't say enough about Lakemont and what a hidden gem it is I hope the park can continue to operate for many more years so that all families like mine can go and enjoy a nice small old amusement park. Thank You Lakemont Park for the memories.

2  Thank Travis H
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a very small park. Great for younger kids. Our kids are 11, 8, 6 and they had a great time. We went on Sunday afternoon and the park was empty. For the entry fee of $16.95 each you get the rides and the water park. If you are not riding you get in for free, but you can't enter the water park. There are 3 coasters, 2 wooden one small metal. The 110 year old Leap the Dips is worth the extra $2.50 to ride for the experience. The other wooden coaster is great. The metal coaster is unusual but good. The water park is small as well but serves its purpose. If you didn't pay to ride and slide you can sit right outside and watch the kids. I recommend going on a Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday when entry is $5.00 and still not as crowded as you would expect.