Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
breegreenly

Not what I expected

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 1, 2017
I had to stay here for work for a few nights and I will never do that again. I had a ground floor handicapped room (because that is what they had) and I hope that no one ever has to stay there.
The bathroom had peeling wallpaper, that I looked under (not sure why) and saw a bunch of black mold. So that was not good, but I didn't notice this until the day before I had to check out.
At night when I would go to sleep there were bugs in the room. 2 small moths and a few things that looked like big gnats. I think they got in through the AC unit. I did't like that.
The bed was uncomfortable, but honestly that was the least of my worries.
Trip type: Traveled on business
3.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
2.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this review
Responded Sep 3, 2017
Dear breegreenly,

Thank you so much for letting me know the details of your stay. I apologize for the experience that you had while staying at our hotel. That is not the type of experience that we want our valued guests like yourself to have. I have shared your comments and your review with our maintenance team and we will be looking into these situations immediately. I will invoke the 100% Hampton guarantee for one night of your stay since you were not completely satisfied. I wish you a wonderful Autumn season and hope that you will decide to stay with us again in the future.

• Choice Hotels
    $96
    $116
0.5 miles from Hampton Inn Altoona
Free parking
exterior of motel - tree shaded and secluded
Get rewarded with One Key
  • Vio.com
9.3 miles from Hampton Inn Altoona
View more hotels in Altoona
1,090 results
All reviews cracker barrel front desk sports bar parking lot pool and hot tub great stay room was clean complimentary breakfast home away from home fitness center horseshoe curve the breakfast area staff was friendly waffles victoria accommodations highway
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2017

My husband and I have stayed here several times while we visited family in the area. We have tried other hotels in the area over the years but have now firmly settled on the Hampton Inn here--the staff is extremely nice and the rooms are clean and spacious. I would recommend this hotel to travelers--I think it is the best in the area.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Nanette R
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Dear Nanette R,

Its so nice to have you and your family stay with us. What an extraordinary comment and one that I will share with the entire team here at the property. So glad that you have chosen our hotel for your future lodging needs as well.

All my best to you and your family!

Reviewed August 29, 2017

This hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly and has great customer service! Nice location right off of I99! Would highly recommend staying at this Hampton Inn while in Altoona, PA! We had 27 rooms for our wedding block and everyone truly enjoyed their stays! Would highly recommend the Hampton Inn for your next stay!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Sharon O
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Dear Sharon O,

Congratulations on your nuptials!. What a wonderful time to get family and friends together to celebrate. I am so glad to hear that everyone had a great time and that our team could help make the celebration more efficient and fun. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2017

We have stayed in multiple hotels in the Altoona area over the years. This hotel is at the top of the list for our next stay. Travelled with 2 grandchildren and stayed in a Queen Suite. After check in we realized that we were going to need 2 additional pillows and a blanket. Called the front desk and Kathie Kelly was on duty. She arrived at our door in moments with the requested items. We also needed a light bulb replacement. Turns out it wasn't bad (switch wasn't on), but Kathie made another trip to our 3rd floor room with the new bulb. This smiling and gracious attitude was prevalent in all of the staff with whom we interacted. Breakfast on two mornings was lovely, lots of fresh fruit, hot food, pastries, etc. The hotel is modern, clean, nicely located (at an I-99 exit). Don't hesitate to book your next stay here!

1  Thank D0ug88
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Dear Doug88,

So glad that chose to try our hotel during this trip to the Altoona area. Traveling with family, especially your grandchildren is a very special time and I am glad that Kathie and the other team at the hotel were there to help make you stay great. Breakfast is important and it is great that you were able to take part in our breakfast offering. I will share your kind comments with Kathie at the front desk and the entire breakfast team.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Had to stay here for a business trip. Hotel was clean abd for the most part quiet. We were able to walk across the street to the shopping mall for something to do. Also, 2 restaurants in walking distance.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank steiner98

Dear steiner98,

Glad that you decided to stay with us and enjoyed the location and the amenities. A clean and quiet hotel is a necessity while traveling on business. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2017

This hotel is in a very convenient location to the interstate. You can also walk across the parking lot to Cracker Barrel. Our room was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The pillows were awesome! The equipment in the fitness room was great. The complimentary breakfast was the best that we've ever had. Was a very enjoyable stay. We'll be back.

1  Thank fishercs