All reviewscracker barrelfront deskparking lotsports barchamps sportspool and hot tuboff the highwayroom was cleanfresh fruiti highly recommend this hotelin townbusiness triprestaurants and shoppinggreat place to stayhome away from homefree breakfasthorseshoe curve
Reviewed September 20, 2015

Clean quiet rooms, comfortable beds and pillows, great cable TV, located close to the freeway making getting around easy. The lobby area and the hallways are neat and clean as well. The complimentary breakfast is really good too. The coffee is fabulous, the food selection is quite nice and it changes each day, which is also nice, and the people that service the breakfast are great! When you get up in the morning you don't want to see crabby frowning people and you won't here as they are all smiles and goodness. They make sure you have everything you need and they are always there should you need any help. The folks at check in are very nice as well and very helpful too. Whenever we are in Altoona this is where we stay, we love it!

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2015

Dear TBernazzoli,

Our goal is always to make sure that your stay is as comfortable as possible each and every time you are with us. I am pleased that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and you were happy with the cable television services. I will share your kind comments with housekeeping concerning the cleanliness of the hallways and lobby area. I know that our team works very hard to make sure that these areas are always spotless. I will also share your kind comments with the breakfast staff. We try and rotate the hot menu items each day, and I am glad you and your family enjoyed that part of our breakfast.

I hope that you and your family will be staying with us again soon! have a wonderful fall season.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2015

This is an excellent hotel in a very convenient location. Near restaurants and shopping plus it is a 10 minute ride from the Horseshoe Curve. The Railroad Museum is not far away. I have stayed here before and hope to stay again.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2015

Dear Troytraverler05,

Thanks so much for letting me know about your stay. I am very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the many amenities that are around the hotel including the restaurants and museum. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

My Best,

Reviewed September 19, 2015 via mobile

The staff has been phenomenally accommodating with all of our family needs!! Kim and Tyler were a life saver as we tried to get to the PSU game on time. Kids loved the pool and the breakfast had something for everyone. Hands down would choose this hotel when back in Altoona!

Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family

Dear LTC Faith,

That is great that the staff was able to help you while staying with us. I will share your kind comments with Tyler and Kim. I am sure that your kids enjoyed the pool and am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast.

Lets hope that it is a successful year for Penn State Football!

Regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2015

The best hotel in Altoona and perhaps the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The staff strive to make the guests feel at home. With the recent renovations the lodging is over the top. The location of the hotel is next to two restaurants and across the street from the mall. This makes dining a few steps away.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Ed,

Thanks so much for your kind comments, I will share with my entire staff. Once again it is always great to have our return guests stay with us. We are all very happy with how the renovations turned out. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

My best,

Reviewed September 16, 2015

Cynthia hooked me up with a piece of candy when i had a major sweet tooth! Great staff and great stay! I stay at this hotel overtime i can when i visit Altoona for work and I'm always disappointed when it is fully booked and i have to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2015

Dear Zac B,

Thanks so much for sharing the details of your stay. Its great that Cynthia was able to help you out with your sweet tooth! So sorry that sometimes we are booked and you are staying at one of the other lodging properties. Its great to have you come back and we look forward to seeing you!

My Best,