All reviews cracker barrel front desk sports bar parking lot champs sports pool and hot tub off the highway room was clean fresh fruit i highly recommend this hotel business trip restaurants and shopping stay there again home away from home free breakfast great place to stay excellent stay
Reviewed July 12, 2015

The recently remodeled Hampton has also had an upgrade in the personnel and their helpfulness. A thoroughly enjoyable experience. Breakfast was particularly well done, and the breakfast personnel were on top of everyone's needs. Some special quality items were on the menu, not found previously at other Hamptons.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2015

Dear Thomas H,

Thanks so much for the positive feedback concerning your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the newly remodeled rooms, lobby and pool area. We have added some hot food items on the breakfast bar and I am very happy that you and your family were able to enjoy those items.

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your summer, and I look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2015

We couldn't have been more happy with our stay. Manager was super! Room was very clean and staff very friendly. Complimentary breakfast was very good. Pool and hot tub was also very clean and the pool temperature was perfect. Location was perfect. Even got discounted tickets for Del Grasso Park. Highly recommend. We'll be back again for sure! Thanks, Jeff and staff for a truly unforgetable experience.

Room tip: Have stayed in several different rooms and ALL were just perfect!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks so much for staying with us, and sharing you thoughts about your stay. I am so glad to hear that you enjoy your Honors privledges and that my front desk staff was able to help you with directions and information.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed July 9, 2015

The Hampton Inn Altoona is the nicest Hampton Inn I have stayed in...and I've stayed in them all over the country. The staff is friendly and helpful--from the front desk to the lady who works in the breakfast room. The place is spotlessly clean. The towels in our room seemed almost new. The bed was very comfortable. No mildew in the shower. Nice toiletries provided.

One of the coolest things I have ever seen - for the first time in any hotel -- on the bedside table was a wet wipe designed to be used to clean the remote control and whatever else I wanted. So I also cleaned the sink handles, the toilet flusher, the door handles to exit the room and to enter and exit the bathroom. What a cool thing! I felt as though I was in a really nice and clean place because I had personally wiped off all those places I know to be full of germs (I DO read the internet) in hotels and other public places. I have a B&B at home. I'm going to buy some of those cleaning wipes so my guests can have the great satisfaction of re-cleaning all the places I've already cleaned for them
Back to the Hampton Inn Altoona - our breakfast was quite good. The oatmeal was hot and of good consistency. Brown sugar, sliced almonds and dried blueberries were provided as toppings. Both skim and 2% milk were available. Bacon and sausage as well as pre-made cheese omelets were available. Three kinds of juice, orange, cranberry and apple were available.as were coffee and tea.I know that either freshly made pancakes or waffles were available but we didn't check those out. There was also fresh fruit and yogurt.
The lady at the front desk told me that they stopped carrying USA Today as of May 1 of this year. I don't know if that is a chain-wide decision or just a local one....but I don't much like it. It is nice to be able to read the paper when I'm traveling.

I highly recommend the Hampton Inn Altoona. These folks understand customer service and cleanliness.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2015

Wow, Thank you so much for sharing the details of your stay with us. I appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again. I will share your kind comments with my entire team. I am very happy that you were able to enjoy our breakfast bar and the other amenities.

My best to you and your family for a wonderful rest of your summer!

Reviewed July 8, 2015

Convenient spot at the south end of town. Good hotel and interiors. Two good restaurants adjacent as well! Area it's located in is not fantastic though, but the hotel makes up for it. Would stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanking you so much for staying with us! I hope that you and your family will decide to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 7, 2015

Servie, Cleanliness, Pool, Complimentary breakfast. Staff Friendliness. The best place I have stayed in Years. I highly recommend this location when you are traveling in the Altoona area. You will not be disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2015

Dear Ronnie C,

I appreciate your kind comments and am very proud of the team that we have on property. I am glad that you and your family were able to enjoy our breakfast bar as well as the other amenities and that you found the hotel to be clean! I will share your comments with our breakfast staff as well as our housekeeping staff.

All my best for a terrific rest of your summer!