1,016 results
All reviews cracker barrel front desk parking lot sports bar champs sports pool and hot tub great stay room was clean business trip fresh fruit i highly recommend this hotel in town restaurants and shopping complimentary breakfast home away from home convenient location easy access
Selected filters
Reviewed July 13, 2015

I have stayed at several Hampton Inns both US and Canada. Never had a complaint. Everything is well done, staff is great, rooms are fine, prices are fair. By the way, look at the Hilton Honors program.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2015

Dear Kevin K,

That should be the goal of everyone working in this industry, that you as a valued customer enjoy our product and our service! so happy that you are satisfied and looking forward to having you stay with us again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2015

Visited the area for a business meeting at Penn State Altoona. Pricier than most Hampton's that I stay at. Very welcoming to HHonors members and knowledgeable front desk staff. Facility was a bit higher than your standard Hampton. Pool area was nice

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2015

Dear Twila D,

I am so glad that you and your family had such a great time while staying at our hotel. I hope you enjoyed your time that you were able to spend at DelGrosso park, which is such a wonderful park for families. Its great that you were able to enjoy our pool and hot tub as well.

I will share your kind comments with my team here at the hotel!

All my best,

Reviewed July 13, 2015

Nice hotel with a good location. Room was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was an above average quality one with a variety of selection. Eggs are steam table type not the highest quality. Staff was very frienldy and extremely pleasant to deal with.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Keith K,

So glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us, and take part in our complimentary breakfast. I hope that you will stay with us again soon!

My Best,

Reviewed July 13, 2015

We began visiting Altoona, Pa in the early 1990's. We chose to stay at the Hampton Inn, as we had previous experience and very much enjoyed their service and super breakfasts. Not many other hotel chains came close to the Hampton breakfast experience. The Altoona, Pa. Hampton Inn, proved equally as good in all aspects as well as the "super breakfast"....Conyinue the great work...!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Stevep902:

Thanks so much for staying with us, and taking the time to share your thoughts concerning your stay. I am very happy that you were able to enjoy the breakfast bar. It is nice that we now offer hot breakfast items each day.

Thanks again for staying, we look forward to seeing you again.

Respectfully,

Reviewed July 12, 2015

The recently remodeled Hampton has also had an upgrade in the personnel and their helpfulness. A thoroughly enjoyable experience. Breakfast was particularly well done, and the breakfast personnel were on top of everyone's needs. Some special quality items were on the menu, not found previously at other Hamptons.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Thomas H,

Thanks so much for the positive feedback concerning your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the newly remodeled rooms, lobby and pool area. We have added some hot food items on the breakfast bar and I am very happy that you and your family were able to enjoy those items.

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your summer, and I look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Kind Regards,