All reviewscracker barrelfront deskparking lotsports barchamps sportspool and hot tuboff the highwayroom was cleanfresh fruiti highly recommend this hotelin townbusiness triprestaurants and shoppinggreat place to stayhome away from homefree breakfasthorseshoe curve
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel does an exceptional job with all areas in a hotel stay. Very professional and courteous. Diamond Status is highly recognized and all requests are completed. New remodeled and going through some more renovations that are updating the hotel's decor.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank James K
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing with us details of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our newly remodeled lobby and breakfast areas. You are correct in that we are currently doing some more renovations to our guestrooms. By the end of May we will have a completely new property. We are very excited and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Enjoyable stay, staff was very pleasant & helpful. Accessable location with 2 restaurant and mall in walking distance. Clean & complimentary breakfast fresh with many choices both hot & cold. We were meeting family for a wkend visit, and a few small school groups (dance, wrestling, basketball) were there as well. Easily accomedated all.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our amenities and that you found the surrounding locations, restaurants and shops to be enjoyable. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Regards and best wishes,

Reviewed February 21, 2014

The hotel and room was clean. We enjoyed the pool and breakfast with a group of 3 adults and 7 children. The staff went above and beyond. My 2 y/o had thrown up on her favorite 'blankie'. At first I inquired about a in house public washer and dryer I could use and was told they did not have one; however housekeepping would wash it for me, WOW! I was really thankful. It would have been a long 6 hour drive home with a smelly blanket that my daughter uses to keep her calm and happy. Kudos to the staff for their knowlegde of the area including directing us to an excellent local sledding area, for a day of fun for our group of 9! Everyone on staff who we encountered was more than pleasant, seemed to really like their job and they all seemed to work together like a family! It was a great area with so much to do all nearby to please everyone in our group age 2 to 17y/o plus adults. We are hoping to come back to the area to explore in the spring and would definitly stay at this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I appreciate you writing to let us know about your stay. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed the breakfast bar and that my team could take care of laundering your 2 year olds favorite blanket. I hope that your child is feeling better and that we can get to visit with all of you again in the spring!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I and my children met my two sisters here with their kids for a get-a-way weekend. We were 3 adults and 7 kids in 3 rooms. They were able to accommodate us to have 3 rooms right next to each other. The staff here was excellent. The people at the front desk were very friendly, helpful and professional. They suggested to us a place to go sledding which was great. They also suggested 2 restaurants which we ended up going to and turned out to be good choices. Though the hotel is not in a scenic location, it is certainly in a central location. There were plenty of restaurants, and shopping very close by, along with a bowling alley and movie theater across the street. Our room was very clean and inviting. We made good use of the swimming pool which was quite warm, along with a nice hot tub. There were no towels at the pool, so I notified the front desk, and she was there within 5 minutes with a huge stack of towels. The only negatives were, our view out the window was non existent. The other was that all breakfast items were not available until the end of service. When the pot of oatmeal ran out, there was no more. The next day it was the fruit that was out. There were plenty of other choices though. My sisters and I are already planning our next get together and considering this hotel to be our meeting point again.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view, ask for one.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

I am very happy to hear that my team could assist your needs in terms of keeping your family close together in rooms that were right next to each other. I am glad that you found the team members at the property to be so very helpful and I will make sure to share your comments with them.

I am sorry that you felt that the view out your window was not adequate. The next time you make reservations call me directly and I would be happy to put you in one of our rooms that is higher up in the building with a better view of the surrounding mountains.

I am also apologetic that some of the food was not replaced in an expediant manner. We had many athletic teams in that weekend and the breakfast associates were trying to keep up with the crowd. Again I apologize and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Thanks again for staying and best wishes,

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My son and I stayed in a one bedroom queen bed suite. I didn't know for sure from the hotel's online description of the suite that the bedroom would have a door; it does. The bathroom is out in front where I slept on the pullout sofabed, which works well for me. The suite has plates, glassware, and cutlery to go with sink, half-size refrigerator, and microwave. Wireless Internet access worked fine with a Linux laptop. Decent breakfast buffet with adequate vegetarian fare, open a little early and a little late. Indoor pool is pleasantly warm, hot tub is nice. Staff is friendly and helpful. Small fitness room just has a few exercise machines, no weights such as dumbbells or barbells. Large cable TV channel selection. Approximately 23 miles to Blue Knob ski resort.

Room Tip: Top floor, away from I-99
Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

I am glad to hear that you and your son had a pleasant stay in one of our queen suites. Its great that you enjoyed the many amenities such as the small kitchen area. I appreciate the need to have wireless interent access and I am very happy that you were able to utilize our service while staying with us.

Kind Regards,