All reviewscracker barrelfront deskparking lotsports barchamps sportspool and hot tuboff the highwayroom was cleanfresh fruiti highly recommend this hotelin townbusiness triprestaurants and shoppinggreat place to stayhome away from homefree breakfasthorseshoe curve
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My son and I stayed in a one bedroom queen bed suite. I didn't know for sure from the hotel's online description of the suite that the bedroom would have a door; it does. The bathroom is out in front where I slept on the pullout sofabed, which works well for me. The suite has plates, glassware, and cutlery to go with sink, half-size refrigerator, and microwave. Wireless Internet access worked fine with a Linux laptop. Decent breakfast buffet with adequate vegetarian fare, open a little early and a little late. Indoor pool is pleasantly warm, hot tub is nice. Staff is friendly and helpful. Small fitness room just has a few exercise machines, no weights such as dumbbells or barbells. Large cable TV channel selection. Approximately 23 miles to Blue Knob ski resort.

Room Tip: Top floor, away from I-99
Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

I am glad to hear that you and your son had a pleasant stay in one of our queen suites. Its great that you enjoyed the many amenities such as the small kitchen area. I appreciate the need to have wireless interent access and I am very happy that you were able to utilize our service while staying with us.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on business and I had SO much room in my Suite--it was great to be able to get paperwork done in the "Office" part of the room without the tempting bed in sight. One of the best nights of sleep I've ever had--the double-bed was amazingly comfortable! So comfortable that I will request this specific room # next time I'm in town. Only negative I experienced was the odor of fried food that engulfed the entire suite. I left the room and came back and the odor was still present. Overall, great space and great sleep.

• Stayed: February 2014

I am so glad that you enjoyed the space of our Executive suite. This suite is located above the breakfast bar so that is the yummy food that you were smelling. I apologize if it was in anyway offensive. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful sleep on our Hampton bedding.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

rooms very nice and spacious. breakfast area especially nice with adequate seating. pool nice and warm. staff pleasant. bfast went past scheduled time which was really nice as there were lots of people with children from hockey leagues. little pricey but worth it for location.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thanks very much for letting us know about your stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Had a wonderful stay there! The staff was extremely polite and professional but ESPECIALLY Victoria who went out of her way multiple times to make my stay wonderful! She was friendly (not overly) professional and seems to really like people. BE ASSURED I will definitely stay in this facility again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Carl H
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thanks so much for letting me know about your experience while staying at our property. We pride ourselves on providing clean and comfortable rooms as well as top notch customer service. Victoria is a shining example of that commitment and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay!

I hope that you will stay with us again in the future!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stay at several different Hampton Hotels for business in Pennsylvania and Ohio and have had great experiences at all of them, that is one reason why I choose that hotel over all the other hotels there are to choose from. The staff is always very friendly and the rooms are always very clean also check in and out is very painless.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so glad to hear that enjoyed staying at our hotel! I am glad that our team was able to meet your needs and make your stay enjoyable and pleasant.

Best Wishes!