“Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Altoona Hampton Inn on several occasions and always find the facilty in excellent condition, the staff friendly and courteous, and teh room clean, safe, and comfortable. The hotel has easy access to Interstate 99 and local shopping is within minutes.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us! its always great to get to see our repeat customers and we appreciate your business!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Regards,

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The staff here is "FANTASTIC" !!!..They continuously go the extra mile each and every time I stay here. I have never been welcomed like this, like a King, anywhere else.
I highly recommend this hotel, you will NEVER find a better staff anywhere !!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the customer service provided by our team.

I look forward to seeing you again in future visits!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Upon arrival, we were encouraged by the bright modern lobby and friendly staff. However, the rooms were anything but bright and modern. Worn mattresses, a badly frayed sleeper sofa with so little support left that it was unusable - perhaps we could have forgiven those if they swept the carpets. It looked like our carpet hadn't seen a vacuum in a week or more. This used to be a go-to hotel for us in a great location. I will wait for an update before I return.

• Stayed: September 2013
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey concerning your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our renovated lobby and breakfast area. We are excited as soon we will begin the second phase of the renovations on our property which includes the guest rooms. This will include all furniture and the carpeting as well as drapes, wall paint and new artwork. I apologize that you did not care for your accomodations. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future so that you can experience our renovated guest rooms.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We often stay here when visiting family nearby. The staff is exceptionally friendly and the breakfast is always great. The only downside has been the occasional busy wedding weekends but although there is a crowd at breakfast they've always handled professionally and efficiently and we've never left hungry! Always leave feeling pampered and relaxed. Oh, it for those not from the area...go down the road and get yourself some frozen custard from the Meadows- been eating it for over 30 years- best treat ever!

Room Tip: Although its on busy roads we've never had any noise issues!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey concerning your stay. Glad you could enjoy the amenities such as our breakfast and pool area. I hope to see you again in the future!

Yes the Meadows has very good frozen custard!

Best Wishes,

Altoona Hampton Inn

Reviewed September 3, 2013

First and foremost - I was most impressed with the 24-hour coffee station that was available in the lobby! There were 2 regular coffee options as well as 1 decaf and hot water too for tea... a very nice touch! As for the rest of the hotel, the lobby and adjacent areas were nice and well appointed. The rooms were also well appointed including a big flat screen tv, good bed and the bathrooms were nice and were mostly updated (except the shower that did work very well but was a bit dated compared to the rest of the room appointments). I can't voice an opinion on the breakfast since we were too late getting to it but there is a Cracker Barrel that shares the same parking lot!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thanks for the kind words concerning your stay! Appreciate your thoughts and comments and am glad that you were able to enjoy our complimentary coffee station. I look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a problem in reaching the hotel,our GPS directed us too far from the real location,for our good luck we met one of the nearby residents which he advise us to go to the other end of Altoona,so after little struggling we reached the hotel,I talked to the registration desk lady about our problem,she told that this happened with many visitors but the hotel management they tried with the web adminstration to resolve this problem since two months ago,and they dont know why it is not yet done.
Anyway the lady was very nice and she gave us an alternative address to enter it on our GPS so we may use it next time :594 W Plank, Altoona PA 16601
The hotel was so clean and the floor we stayed was a nonsmoker designated,no concerns about the smell, the beds wasn't comfortable so we couldn't sleep well,( the desk lady told us that they are going to change it soon??)
Breakfast was excellent with a lot of varieties to have like cereals, bagels, omlet egg,waffles, muffins, fruit salads, yoghurt ,and cocked oat.
the waffles was bit sticky so it was difficult to remove I didn't enjoy it
fruit salads was fresh and tasteful,
buffet was open till 9:30 AM and the bar was stuffed everytime.
Location was excellent just on the highway I 81 and close to many shops if you like to do some necessary shopping
I definitely would come again

Room Tip: all rooms are good I wanted a double queen bed non smoker,but couldn't find,so i got king bed wi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for sharing your experience with your stay! I apologize for the mix up in trying to find the property using our hotel address. Since our drive way is our address and it is not an incorporated road it has always been hard to use some of the GPS directions. Over the years I have been personally involved in trying to get the directions straigtened our, even going as far as to pin point the lattitude and longitude coordinates online so the online services and GPS system could hopefully get the directions correct. This has still not be resolved but as you mentioned we do offer an alternate GPS address on our website that brings you right to this specific area. Look for this address next time and use it in your GPS System. I am glad that you enjoyed the other amenties that the hotel has to offer.

Best Wishes!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Hampton Inn Altoona sets the bar high for other hotels to reach. The staff were all so friendly and professional. The rooms were nice and clean and the free breakfast was great. Everyone we met in the Altoona area were so friendly, they all are like a breath of fresh air.

Whenever we are in the area again ... This is where we will stay.

Room Tip: I have not ever met such a friendly and professional staff as the staff that operates the Hampton In...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality of the team here at the property. We all enjoy helping our guests and making sure that everyone enjoys their stay! I hope to see you and your family stay with us again in the future!

Regards,

Jeffrey Cipriani

Also consider these accommodations in or near Altoona
Comfort Suites Altoona
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 15 in Altoona
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Altoona

Been to Hampton Inn Altoona? Share your experiences!