All reviewscracker barrelfront deskparking lotsports barchamps sportspool and hot tuboff the highwayroom was cleanfresh fruiti highly recommend this hotelin townbusiness triprestaurants and shoppinggreat place to stayhome away from homefree breakfasthorseshoe curve
Reviewed September 2, 2012

A good clean Hotel with good access to state college checked in by the General Manager who was not warm with his approach did not give details of any of the services at the hotel however his assistant could not do enough for you she was wonderful to deal with. They don't do queen size beds for their doubles

Room Tip: They don't do queen size beds for their doubles
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a response concerning your stay with us. I appreciate any feedback, whether good or bad Our management team lead by our Assistant General Manager, does a wonderful job in explaining all of the amenities of the hotel as well as taking care of our guests. Our hotel will be going through a major renovation during 2013 and will be changing our Full bed sets to Queen beds!

I hope that you will choose our hotel for your future lodging needs!

Jeffrey Cipriani

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed here one night as part of a wedding party so my actual time at the hotel was limited. I can't think of anything overly fantastic about the experience but my needs were met and I did not find myself lacking. The rooms seemed small for a Hampton Inn and the shower curtain was not large enough for the tub, leaving water all over the floor in the morning. Staff was friendly and the breakfast was good. For a one or two night stay, I would return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a response concerning your stay at our property on in June 2012. I apologize for the shower curtain not being large enough for the tub, I will get with maintenance and we will inspect all of our curtains immediately. Thank you for your comment concerning the staff, we pride ourselves on giving top notch quality to each and every guest that stays with us! I will share your comments with my team.

Jeffrey Cipriani

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Hotel has gone downhill since we last stayed 4 years ago. Carpet is worn and stained, furniture is painfully worn out and dirty, shower curtain had mold at the bottom.

Tuesday morning eating breakfast. Hearing "drip, drip, drip" notice liquid dripping from ceiling onto floor in the breakfast area. Carpet is wet with potable water or bio-hazard sewage? Other patrons walk, bare foot, thru the liquid.

Drywall is pealing from the ceiling in the swimming area. Either botched repair or another leak.

Management should spend more time fixing these obvious problems and less time responding/making excuses in Trip Advisor.

Difficult getting a good night sleep due to noisy room AC.

Staff is friendly and helpful.

If this is the best hotel in Altoona, then stay in another town.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BDover
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Please accept our apologies for Tuesday morning which was truly an unexpected and overwhelming event. As soon as our maintenance crew found the source of the leak, they were able to get it under control and confirm that it was from a clean water source. As we have mentioned in past reviews the hotel is to undergo a renovation and these renovations are slated to begin by the end of 2012.
It is because we value the opinions of our guests that we give the courtesy of a response to all those who have taken the time to review our hotel. So again, please except our apologies and please contact us, we would be happy to offer you Hampton’s 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for your stay. I am hoping that the next time you travel through the Altoona area; you will give us the opportunity to make your stay as pleasurable as it had been in the past.

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

I was impressed with the appearance inside and the prompt courteousness of the staff. I also really enjoyed their breakfast. Having such great ample options for a continental breakfast surely helped save money on the trip. The value of the hotel was certainly reasonable, especially when compared to other local options. I will definitely use this has my go-to hotel when staying in Altoona.

• Stayed: February 2012
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you for the great review. I’m happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to being your go-to hotel in Altoona. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here for one Saturday night. The hotel is right off the highway and close to a lot of stores and restaurants. The room was clean and comfortable with a large bathroom. The flat screen TV was nice and had plenty of channels to choose from. The hotel was pretty busy the night we stayed, but there was very little noticeable noise from people in the halls and adjacent rooms once we were in the room. We had dinner at Champs, which is a sports bar right next to the hotel and the food and service were very good there. We also had the free breakfast in the lobby which was OK, what you would expect.

I’ve stayed in three hotels in the Altoona area – this one, the Holiday Inn Express, and the Marriott Courtyard. The Courtyard and the Hampton Inn are pretty comparable. Between the Holiday Inn Express and the Hampton Inn, the Hampton Inn is definitely the better hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of the Hampton Inn Altoona. We strive to give each of our guests a comfortable and enjoyable stay and soon be undergoing a lobby renovation which will open up the area and make everyone’s breakfast experience more enjoyable. We hope to see you on your next trip to Altoona PA!