“Disappointed!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Four of us out to dinner on a Friday night. We haven't been here in a while so thought we would re visit an old friend! The first thing out of the waitress mouth is "how she doesn't really want to be there" but she is not a negative person! When we asked questions about the menu and the dinner selection she could not answer the the questions and made no effort to ask a co worker or the chef. After we selected our meals, the waitress came back 40 minutes later to tell us they ran out of wild boar and lamb and that we would have to make new selections! No offer of drinks, another appetizer or an "I am sorry." If I owned the joint I would have come to the table and apologized! So two of us had to start all over again with menu questions and no answers. By this time- I had lost my appetite ( and Patience) but made the best of the rest of the night. The others who did order were treated to an average, overpriced meal ( $192 for two appetizers, 4 glasses of wine and three entrees). I won't be back. Why does this place get such good ratings? My out of town guests were very underwhelmed. Seems like new ownership could help this place!. Oh, and I forgot- place was very noisy.

1  Thank 2ndamendment

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Tuscan Inn serves wonderful food in a comfortable, warm setting. This is the place we take friends from out of town, every time. There's no pretension, it's not stuffy but it's an "old fashion" feeling in a good way. Food quality is consistently excellent with specials that are just that - special. Service is always professional. On our last visit plates were removed prematurely by a young woman and our server promptly took her aside and told her she should wait until all diners are finished. Very nice. One of the few bars I don't mind waiting at if there's a wait for a table BUT reservations are almost always honored on time.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a place where you will feel comfortable from your first step inside the door. Very good drinks served by a friendly bartender. The tomato vegetable chicken soup was both hot and delicious. The real winner was the rabbit shepherd 's pie. Very tender rabbit , in large chunks with peas and a great béchamel served under a hot flaky crust. No annoying ESPN or people staring at their cell phone in this place. I had some great conversation at the bar with the regulars.
Don't be fooled by the rustic exterior , this old time coal miners bar has morphed into a real gem!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Tuscan Inn is a quiet, well run restaurant in suburban Pittsburgh. The food and service are consistently very good and prices are reasonable. The menu includes pastas but the highlights here are always the meats. Steaks and pork chops are well seasoned and always tender. My wife has had excellent fish dishes. A little on the pricey side but worth it. You don't need a special occasion to come here.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Deceiving from the outside, this restaurant is awesome. The inside is classy and rustic. Our server was excellent. The antipasta for appetizer was filled with interesting items. I would definitely order that again. Several of us had the beet and goat cheese salad. The goat cheese was fried crispy and was savory. I had the asparagus and marscarpone ravioli which was a special that night. It was great. Do not miss the lemon berry marscapone cake! The portions are big and we left there very full!