“Best restaurant north of Pittsburgh”
Review of Tuscan Inn - CLOSED

Tuscan Inn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My favorite restaurant in the Pittsburgh area....wonderful ambience, delightful servers, excellent wine and amazing food. The flatbread could be a meal alone! Risotto de mare is my all time favorite dish although everything we have had has been delicious!

Reviewed March 2, 2012

The roasted garlic flatbread appetizer is amazing.
Butternut squash ravioli is so flavorful.
My fiance ate every single bite of his Walleye dish (special).
Service was impeccable.
Atmosphere is delightful.

I can't express enough how much we loved our meals and experience at the Tuscan Inn!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I are huge fans of the Tuscan Inn winter menu, primarily due to the Aglio Arrosto (roasted garlic) appetizer which is quite extraordinary. We also really enjoy the mixed green (not iceberg) salads with pepitas and golden raisins. YUM! While our favorite dish, Gamberi pasta, is no longer a part of the regular winter menu but it makes our visit when it appears on special! The restaurant is definitely a splurge, but you get amazing food, drinks and atmosphere for only slightly more money than a trip to a chain restaurant. Definitely would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed February 13, 2012

You don't need to speak Italian to understand how fabulous this restaurant is! From the delicately roasted garlic with Buffalo Mozzarella and flatbread to the freshly tossed salads, to the incredible entrees, each was a culinary explosion! I had the Risotto del Mare, which was amazing, and perfectly appointed with aged balsamic. My husband had lamb chops, which were incomparable to any other restaurant in the city, accompanied with braised red cabbage. Our friends had a simple pasta marinara (the sauce was divine!); a tender filet paired with a crabcake, and an amazing salmon, finished with a potato/horseradish topping. Don't miss the homemade desserts, either. HIGHLY recommend this gem of a restaurant! (Reservations accepted for parties of 5 or more.)

Reviewed December 9, 2011

We come here every year for our neighborhood holiday party. We also come here occasionally on our own. The restaurant has a homey, inviting atrmosphere, the service is excellent, and the food is always good. The appetizers (e.g., artichoke hearts, various cheeses, olives, shrimp with cocktail sauce) for our annual gaterhing are always excellent as are the main dishes and desserts.