“A Nice experience”

Clyde Peeling's Reptiland
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Allenwood
Type: Other
More attraction details
Owner description: Reptiles and amphibians from around the world await discovery at this world-class specialized zoo. Explore the realm of mambas, cobras, vipers, pythons, and other rare and beautiful snakes. Experience giant alligators, gentle tortoises, curious lizards, and colorful frogs. Stunning naturalistic habitats, fun interactive exhibits, live shows, and hands-on animal encounters make Reptiland an educational adventure for the whole family. Reptiland is a year-round destination with modern indoor exhibits. During warmer months, tortoises, iguanas, and Komodo dragons venture into outdoor habitats. Seasonal exhibits and special events make each visit unique. Amazing animals, personal attention, and friendly experts--an intimate wildlife connection!
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Nice experience”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

What's not to like? Great time, everyone I saw visiting looked like they were having a great time. Everything explained well and all very nice and friendly.

Milton, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“money”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The attraction is ok I geuss for most part, I just have a bit of an issue with something that happened in the community. There was a approx 5 ft gator that was found in a town very close to Reptileland and local law enforcement called Mr.Peeling to ask him to come out and rescue this creature .They knew where it was he just had to come out and pick it up since he knew how to handle it. His responce was its not much of a threat and he was going on a wild goose chase . He was told if he didnt then the animal would have to be destoyed . In the end the police had no choice but to shoot it. I see Mr. Peeling differently now and wonder if he has a love of animals or just the love of money from his attraction. Just my opinion here.

Visited September 2011
4 Thank Harry E
Hershey, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great Little Zoo”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family and I stopped here on our way back from Rickett's Glen State Park (kids age 6 and 8). We spent about 2 hours going thru the various exhibits and really enjoyed it. Also watched them feed the gators and the croc talk presentation. The kids spent quite a bit of time in the butterfly exhibit. I thought the dinosaur exhibit would be cheesy but they did a great job (especially with T-Rex). It is a little expensive (about $50 for our family of 4) and the hours on their website are not correct. They were open until 7 on Sunday when we stopped but the website said 5.

Visited August 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Quality, Not Quantity”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The sites were excellent. We saw the reptile/dinosaur seminar - it was very lively and informative!! I learned quite a bit that I was never taught in school!

Then we went to the butterfly exhibit. That was awesome. The butterflies were beautiful and almost "tamed"! Some people could even hold them!

Then we went to the reptile exhibit. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't small. There were lots of very interesting creatures, including a boa constrictor that followed my hand as it waited to attack it and a giant sloth-like tortoise that was frozen in place!! Quite a few of these creatures are not seen in the average zoo.

Lastly, we went to the dinosaur exhibit. It was slightly cheesy, but also informative. Then we saw the emus!!! They were awesome. The birds were right up to the gate... close enough that they could stick their heads through the openings to peck your finger off!

The zoo displayed quality. I had never seen such awesome animals and such in other zoos. However, it was very small. We finished it in just under 2 hours... and we were browsing slowly! And the value of the tickets was slightly poor - $15 per person (adult) for about 2 hours?

Other than the value and the tiny size of the zoo, it was marvelous. I'd definitely recommend it! (especially since there's like nothing else to do in Williamsport!!!!!)

Visited August 2012
1 Thank dmfnswm
Shaker Heights, Ohio
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great Little Reptile Zoo - Kids loved it!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We've driven by the exit for this zoo hundreds of time while traveling on 80 to NJ. Finally stopped - it is only 10 minutes north of 80. Nice way to spend an hour and let the kids stretch! My one son is very into reptiles, and was excited to see rare snakes, huge alligators and colorful poison dart frogs. They are getting Komodo dragons soon, so he already wants to go back! We also got to touch a baby alligator and a reticulated python - he was in heaven! The dinosaur exhibit is pretty cool for kids too - most of them are robotic and move or spit water. Definitely worth stopping and worth the admission!

Visited July 2012