Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,362 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I would like to preface this review by stating that I cannot remember any other time, in all my years of staying in hotels, when I requested a different room than what we were given. We are not that fussy and have stayed in some rooms that had their little idiosyncrasies, and we just dealt with them.

Check in was smooth, was given a room on the first floor (by request.. no elevator in hotel). The room was one of the very last ones down a very very long hallway. We entered the room, and the first thing we saw was a bed. It was in what I can only describe as an alcove.. the bed took up the entire space. There was no night table, no lamp… nothing but the bed. At the foot of the bed, against the wall, was a refrigerator and a microwave. A few steps in revealed a small bathroom. A little further was another bed, this one had 2 night tables and reading lamps mounted to the wall. It also had a TV. I’ve never seen a room arranged like this. My husband and I would then not even be in the same room. After some discussion with him, we decided to request another room. He would stay in the room and I would go to the front desk and call to tell him which room to go to. He has a very bad back and walking and climbing stairs are very difficult.

Back at the front desk the clerk immediately said there were NO rooms on the first floor.. any other room would involve stairs (which she knew from our previous discussion would be difficult for my husband). I asked her to check… she refused saying she knew there were no other rooms. I asked her to call our room… she tried, twice, said he must be on the phone because it goes right to voicemail. I knew he wouldn’t be on the phone because he was waiting for me to call him. So back I go all the way down to the end of the hall. Turns out the phone is dead.. no dial tone.

We decide that we just can’t stay in that room and would deal with the stairs, so back I went to the front desk. Luckily, the woman who had been there previously had left, so I explained to the new clerk that we needed a different room. He immediately got on the computer and I saw him click, click, clicking. Finally he said he found one, on the first floor, and handed me the keys.

Before getting all our stuff, I checked out the new room. OMG, it was GORGEOUS!!! Big room, 2 queen beds, big flat screen TV mounted on the wall, remodeled bathroom, bay window, modern tasteful furniture… I could go on and on. Was this the same hotel?

I do not know if that first clerk plain out lied, was too lazy to look, or thought because we got our room at a discount via Hotwire that we simply didn’t deserve a ‘good’ room

So.. would I recommend this hotel. Yes, but if you booked via one of the opaque services like Priceline or Hotwire, check the room out first before dragging all your stuff there. If it seems inferior, be firm about requesting a new room.

Room Tip: Check out the room first before taking all your stuff. Some rooms are VERY nice, but some are just awful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joan B
Amanda K, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

I would first like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel. As one of our valued guest, we are pleased to hear that your overall experience at the hotel was a positive one. We strive to provide all of our guests with exceptional customer service, and it is always nice to hear that we are doing so. I do apologize about the issues that you experienced with your first room and the difficulties with our guest service agent, I will be addressing the problems you experience immediately.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and we are looking forward to your next stay with us here at the Days Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Booked this hotel once before through hotwire a few months ago. Had to return to the area and wanted to stay here again because of the location. I remembered the front desk telling me that they would match hotwires rate, so I called the front desk and talked to Drew. He was very helpful and matched the rate without any problems. When I checked in he signed me up with wyndham rewards, which is also nice because I travel a lot. The rooms look recently renovated and clean. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the are.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Norman F

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed everything from our friendly and help staff, to our location. It is always great to hear about pleasant stays, such as yours, as this helps us to know that we are accomplishing what we strive and that is to ensure all of our guests are met by exceptional customer service and comfortable accommodations.

Again thank you for the positive feedback and we look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 2 weeks ago. It was 90 some dollars which I thought was a little high, but I didn't feel like looking around for a better deal. The rooms are average, the pool is pretty large, and the service is phenomenal. Drew was especially helpful at the front desk. I mentioned I wasn't feeling well, so he brought me food to my room even though room service is only available in the morning. Overall the hotel is average but the staff is excellent!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank NormH111

I would first like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel. As one of our valued guest, we are pleased to hear that your overall experience had the hotel was a positive one. We strive to provide all of our guests with exceptional customer service, and it is always nice to hear that we are doing so.

I do apologize however for the issues you experienced with the room you stayed in. We are currently in the process of remodeling and updating our rooms, as well as installing an elevator. However the issues you experienced with your rooms during your stay are completely unacceptable and I have personally informed maintenance staff as well as all of the departments to ensure future guests do not experience the same.

Thank you for giving us your feed back, and choosing to stay with us. I hope the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with not deter you from visiting us in your future travels.

Reviewed September 25, 2013