“Excellent value for business travelers” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley

Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent value for business travelers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Pros:

always improving customer service. I stay here weekly and have noticed the increasing customer service focus since the change to a Days Inn.

Front desk greets me with a smile, knows my name and anticipates my needs. Kudos especially to Krystal and Taylor in this regard.

Love the indoor Olympic Pool and hot tub!

One of the most comfortable beds in the area. I sleep well despite its closeness to the airport with the aid of ear plugs.

Cons:

Rooms need some updating

No elevator

Not all rooms have refirgerator and microwave. There is an additional fee for both unless you are given one of their preferred guest suites.

Need to pay for breakfast.

Overall this is one of my favorite hotels in the area based upon the price range I can afford.

Room Tip: like otehrs have mentioned I typically ask for a room on the same level with access from the parking...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ed S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Illinois City, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

The only reason I'm even giving this one star is because the front staff is great!!! However, even they cannot make up for the atrocious housekeeping staff. I didn't mind not having elevators (even though I was to be there 2 weeks- cut my stay there short and switched hotels)!!!! I did mind that the room did not have a microwave or refrigerator, as the website indicates...or the fact there is no sofa bed, again, as the website description for the room indicates.

The housekeeping was non existant...HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! Run...don't walk away from this hotel... Moved after 4 days...

Room Tip: choose Hawthore Suites- Fogelsville....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Tina F, General Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed our front desk staff, they work hard to provide our customers with great service & they appreciate your noticing their efforts.

I would like to provide my apologies for the nonexistent housekeeping you described, we pride ourselves on providing a clean & comfortable environment for our guests and it seems that is not what you experienced. We are constantly working to maintain the high cleanliness standards we set for ourselves, and your feedback helps us in doing so.

After reading your review I have determined that your in room issues were not so much with misinformation listed on the website, but rather a wrong room type issue, and for that I apologize. The room you described, which includes a sofa bed, microwave, & refrigerator is our business suite; however, you were placed in a king room, which does not include these items & again I apologize for this error.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us originally, and hope you would give us another chance to provide you with a better stay. If you had contacted me before choosing to move to a different hotel, I would have made an effort to make amends for your issues & improve upon the remainder of your stay.

Tina Fawcett
Days Hotel Allentown Bethlehem Airport
P. 610 231-5709 F. 610 266-1888
Tina.Fawcett@ghmproperties.com
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Location is across from the airport and it was very convenient. We had a park, sleep n fly package and it was very reasonable. The morning chef if very good, as she made us a great omelette for breakfast and Betsy at front desk was very prompt. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: They are renovating the hotel so ask for the quiet section.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Relaxing_Rich
Winchester, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night. The room was good size and the king size bed was very comfortable. Yes, no elevator but since we were staying for one night - this was not a problem as we had only small bags. Hotel desk staff were extremely friendly and polite.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nriemen
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I write my reviews based on the level of hotel I am staying in and therefore if I am staying at the finest hotel on offer I will evaluate it accordingly. Therefore, my review is based on the fact that this is now a Days Inn and not a Sheraton as advertised at the time of our booking.
The good part is that it has kept its Sheraton sized rooms and beds so ours was large comfortable and clean. At the time of our booking a complementary breakfast was offered, this is no longer the case although we were given a $6 dollar reduction each for the inconvenience.
The hotel layout is elongated over three storeys with various entrances as well as the main lobby. Make sure that you elect for an entrance on the level if you have a lot of luggage.
As mentioned our room was spacious as was the bathroom with TV, fridge,free wifi and parking. There is a swimming pool and fitness centre, and the staff were friendly and helpful
It is situated right opposite Allentown airport and on the flight path but planes are few and far between and did not disturb us in any way.
This is a good standard hotel that serves its purpose as an overnight stay or for business people it is not one to spend a vacation in.

Room Tip: MMake sure that you are near an entrance that is on the level.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple