“Clean and comfortable”

Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed for one night. The room was good size and the king size bed was very comfortable. Yes, no elevator but since we were staying for one night - this was not a problem as we had only small bags. Hotel desk staff were extremely friendly and polite.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nriemen

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I write my reviews based on the level of hotel I am staying in and therefore if I am staying at the finest hotel on offer I will evaluate it accordingly. Therefore, my review is based on the fact that this is now a Days Inn and not a Sheraton as advertised at the time of our booking.
The good part is that it has kept its Sheraton sized rooms and beds so ours was large comfortable and clean. At the time of our booking a complementary breakfast was offered, this is no longer the case although we were given a $6 dollar reduction each for the inconvenience.
The hotel layout is elongated over three storeys with various entrances as well as the main lobby. Make sure that you elect for an entrance on the level if you have a lot of luggage.
As mentioned our room was spacious as was the bathroom with TV, fridge,free wifi and parking. There is a swimming pool and fitness centre, and the staff were friendly and helpful
It is situated right opposite Allentown airport and on the flight path but planes are few and far between and did not disturb us in any way.
This is a good standard hotel that serves its purpose as an overnight stay or for business people it is not one to spend a vacation in.

Room Tip: MMake sure that you are near an entrance that is on the level.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wakey47
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I booked and paid for the room back in May when it was still a Sheraton; it became a Days about a month or so later (a few months before our stay). Sheraton offered free breakfast and Days don't, but they honoured this by giving us a coupon for $6 each for breakfast, so we had cereal, a bagel, juice and coffee for 6 cents each! The decor in the rooms and public areas was very nice, much better than the usual motel style, and looked very new. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were a good size. There's free WiFi and free parking, and complimentary bottles of water. There were a handful of minuses: there are currently no elevators despite the hotel having 3 floors, however they told us they are being installed soon. Because of this I asked for a room on the ground level as we had a lot of luggage - the clerk switched the room for us but told us to use door B as it had no steps from the parking lot - in fact it has 7 steps. She also only gave us one breakfast voucher, but the clerk the next morning cheerfully gave us another when we queried it. There was no room number on our door, we had to figure it out from the rooms on either side. One of the towels had a long hair on it when we arrived, but the rest of the room was spotless (and there were plenty of towels so we didn't use that one).

Overall I liked the hotel and would use it again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sometimesong
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great front desk crew,but the room had a smell of mildew ,so we turned on ac and sprayed the room,Room was clean ,bathroom could be better had a dead bug on the floor.In the morning went to have breakfast the cook didnt say hello or good morning to me but made sure to say good morning to my wife.Didn't appreciate that.Dont blame him but it showed bad taste.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Where to begin.... My husband n I booked this rm thru Hotwire ( will never use them again as well). Contacted hotel a few days prior to arrival to let them know it will be a late check in and to reconfirm reservation for 4 ppl ( 2 adults 2 teens). No prob per hotel just as long as its before 2am. Arrived at hotel 1145pm to come n find they only had 1 rm left n it only had 1 bed - we were told in a rude manner they said they are not required to save a room for 4 ppl since we did not book the rm thru them - they only had to save a rm. a room btw that was not cleaned. Bathroom sink was filled w water???? And hair on the sink. Toilet was used n dirty towel on the floor. Went up to the rude front desk lady to tell her  - she argued it was serviced n was not dirty. Now our confirmation sheet form Hotwire states this...all rooms guaranteed to sleep the number of guests during your search but we cannot guarantee the number of beds. What does this mean??? If u book thru Hotwire u may wanna plan on sleeping on the floor!!!!  So my husband called hotwire as soon as we got into our dirty 1 bed room  n sat on hold for a 1/2 hr. At this point he was exhausted n furious n hung up. Got up the next day n checked out n my husband told them not to even ask how his stay was unless they want everyone who was in the lobby n eating breakfast to hear how awful their customer service is!!!!!!  He later emailed hotwire - they called the hotel n the hotel then told Hotwire that we had 2 beds in our rm n we had no complaints!!!!!!!!!!!! The one worker who was there when we checked in - showed us they call rms that are booked thru these sites "run of houae" t- they r required to save a rm they have left even tho it shows 4 ppl were checking in  my questions is this.... Where is the courtesy at these days? Why  didn't they  say - we have a save  dbl rm for this reservation.  Why does this hotel deal w these sites if they plan on treating their customers like 3rd class citizens.   We r til this moment fighting w Hotwire n hotel bout this matter n it's a wk later. I don't kno what outrages me more hotel or Hotwire. No customer service on ea side!!!! I would highly recommend not using this hotel or Hotwire to book. Lies everywhere!!!!!!   Just received word from Hotwire staying the hotel downgraded our room n they ( Hotwire) has no idea why.
They are offering 25$ Hotwire $$$ backto us.....

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank nyc9101
Tina F, General Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

I would like to start by apologizing for the inconvenience you experienced on your visit to the Days Hotel. I know it can be frustrating when things don't go right, especially while travelling away from home. We take all reviews very seriously & use them to better the hotel. I have brought your review to the attention of my front desk staff so that in the future they can better deal with this type of situation & also show more empathy towards our guests. The cleanliness issues you experienced are unacceptable & have been addressed with our housekeeping team.

As for the room type associated with your Hotwire reservation, this problem can arise during busier times as this type of reservation is not booked with a certain room type. What this means is as long as the hotel has rooms available, no matter what type, Hotwire will make a reservation & you are given whatever room type is available. We always try to be as accommodating as possible, but if another guest has made a reservation, which has a room type specified, we have to honor their reservation. My solution for this problem is that it is always best to make your reservation through the hotel directly. This way we can reserve the exact room type you need & that room type will be held for you until you check in.

I hope this does not deter you from visiting the Days Hotel again, we would appreciate the opportunity for another chance at providing you with a better experience. If there is anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me at Tina.Fawcett@ghmproperties.com.

Thank You for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel & I apologize again that your visit was not all you hoped it would be.

Tina Fawcett

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I ended up with this hotel after selecting an attractive price on a third party website. I was worried about the property based on other reviews, but it wasn't too bad for a room under $60. We used this place only as a stopover while on a roadtrip. The bed was ok, and the room seemed fairly clean, though I don't know that I was ever truly comfortable here. The property is directly across from the airport, but I didn't hear a single plane. All in all this place was OK for a place to sleep, but nothing more.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank al_d555
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We arrived later in the evening, hoping to drink at the lounge. It was closed. This was a Saturday night. I paid 120 dollars for the room which was a king no smoking. The put us in the basement and the whole floor stunk like cigarettes and mildew. We got into the room, there was feices not only in the toilet but on the seat. Garbage in the trash can. Hair in the shower. Mirror was dirty. When we went on 7-29-12, I checked for bed bugs and there were none. The curtains were busted. We got switched to a new room and it was better but there was still hair in the shower. The toilet seat was broken completely and it still smelt like smoke. We just went to sleep and went to the breakfast the next morning. It was horrible. There were only two types of cereal and tiny tiny pastries that were stale and no selection at all. At the point when we left, we just wanted to go home. Worst hotel ever and I can't believe they charged me over a hundred dollars!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012