“Good Value”

Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Kihei, Hawaii
“Good Value”
Reviewed July 11, 2005

I expected an older hotel, but was surprised to find new beds, carpet, and bathroom fixtures. Very clean. Basic hotel room with cable TV, and no extras. One night the hotel was booked full, and it wasn't noisy. The staff were very friendly, which has not been my experience elsewhere in the ABE airport area. There are about 4 local restaurants within walking distance, plus a mega-theatre complex, local shopping, and a grocery store. Easy to get to and from the ABE airport in about 5 minutes. I got a really good discount booking my airfare and hotel through Expedia.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank honu-lover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 21, 2005

I stayed a memorial day weekend here because there was no other place with vacancy and I am glad I did. It is situated by itself in a parking lot which connects to the parking lot of a small shopping place that contains a small supermarket, dunkin donuts, subway. It is also connected to a MOVIE TEATHER which is a minute's walk literally. You don't even need to use your car because all the big restaurants are right accross the route which you can walk. Anyways it is 15 minutes away from dorney park. ROOMS ARE VERY CLEAN AND COZY. WILL RETURN FOR A WEEKEND GETTAWAY.

• Stayed May 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 21, 2004

It seems TOO many people now a days tend to forget what the purpose of a hotel is and expect the Mansion on the Hill..

I'll be the first to tell you, if you are one who has to have this kind of sleep arrangement, then the A/B/E Red Roof is not for you..

However, if you use the hotel for what it's meant to be used for (a place to hang your hat after a day of site seeing, visiting, etc.), with bargain prices, clean rooms, soft beds, and A plus quality customer service that's located in a prime location, then I strongly reccomend this hotel to anyone.

My wife and I just today checked out of the ABE Red Roof Inn after spending two nights there, and we WILL return.

First and foremost, Gail and Mary at the front desk were unbelievably nice and cordial, greeting us each time they saw us. They also were understanding, as we strolled in our first night at 4 AM. Let me tell you, after nearly 6 hours on the road, nothing was better to see than a friendly smile and a soft bed.. We got both. Instead of giving us a hard time for coming so late, Gail seemed legitimately happy to have our service. Mary (the day attendant).

The room was nicely arranged, big enough for the two of us.
The bed was so soft that it almost felt like a dream to sleep on.
It was also located in an area where it is easy to access everything by car.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give RRI a 10 +.
As I said, next time we need a hotel, we know which to pick, thanks to the great two nights we had!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allentown
Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley
Wingate by Wyndham Allentown
Knights Inn & Suites Allentown
The View Inn & Suites
The View Inn & Suites
#14 of 14 in Bethlehem
Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport
Staybridge Suites Allentown Bethlehem Airport

Been to Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport? Share your experiences!