“DIdn't feel safe!”

Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed September 30, 2008

My family stayed here one night while visiting family in Bethlehem. Had to find somewhere to stay and it was late or we would have left. We checked into the "back" of the hotel. While grabbing stuff from the car, observed "something" going on in another car. The police were riding through the lot and all of the guys in the car appeared to be worrying about the police.

Woke up in the night to go to restroom and looked out to make sure my car was ok (This didn't seem like a safe place to me) and saw a man and "woman of the night" proceed into the hotel. Awoke to a car alarm 45 minutes later to observe the "couple" leaving.

The room looked to have been updated however, it didn't appear very clean. We got on out of there the next morning. I can endure about anything for a little while but, no second chances
:-(

I would not recommend that you stay here. We will not be staying here next time we go up!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Beachn

Reviewed November 26, 2007

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights over Thanksgiving while in town visiting family.

When we got to the hotel we were tired from driving for 9 hours. The front desk was great and gave us a first floor room away from the road as requested.

Housekeeping was good too. After our first night we requested fresh towels and trash removal only and that is exactly what we got. We weren't disturbed when we had our 'Do not disturb' up (we've had hotels call the room to ask if housekeeping service was needed when the 'DND' sign is up).

The hotel was located in a fairly quiet area and did have police cruise the parking lot here and there.

The bed was comfortable and large, which is great when you have a toddler join you some nights! There was no noise from other nearby rooms during our entire stay. The water was hot enough and the pressure was god as well. We got our wakeup call right on schedule and had no problem making or receiving calls. the long distance rates were excessive, but they always are in hotels!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank mommabear2005
toledo, ohio
Reviewed January 18, 2006

We have been staying at Red Roof inns now for over 2 years and we love it!!! we started staying there because they allow animals...we dont need a fancy hotel, we are never in the room anyway...the staff here is very friendly, especially Hannah the maid...she is super nice and does a great job! When you see her make sure to say "hey Hannah" This Red Roof has just been renovated and its definitly a lot nicer then it was in the past. the king suites even has a fridge and microwave! i would definitly recommend this place and while there you may even get to see Red!!!

• Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 2, 2005

This place is a phenominal disappointment. This is hardly a hotel -- it is a run down motor inn that is undergoing an exterior paint job. Wet paint signs all over the place, along with a single filthy exterior elevator. The room that we were assigned was a dump!!!!! Filthy dirty walls all through the room, toilet paper stuck to the bedroom walls, mold on the ceiling in the bathroom, and an ominous looking wet spot on the ceiling of the bedroom.

We arrived after a day at Dorney Park -- about 20 minutes from the motor inn. After about 45 minutes, we came to the conclusion that we couldn't stay overnight in these conditions. So, we got into the car, drove the 200+ miles to get home, and forfeited our second day pre-paid passes at Dorney Park. Thanks Red Roof Inn -- great job!!!

There are a lot of nice looking places to stay around the Allentown area, but this most certainly is not one of them.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank Chris32NY1
Reviewed July 11, 2005

I expected an older hotel, but was surprised to find new beds, carpet, and bathroom fixtures. Very clean. Basic hotel room with cable TV, and no extras. One night the hotel was booked full, and it wasn't noisy. The staff were very friendly, which has not been my experience elsewhere in the ABE airport area. There are about 4 local restaurants within walking distance, plus a mega-theatre complex, local shopping, and a grocery store. Easy to get to and from the ABE airport in about 5 minutes. I got a really good discount booking my airfare and hotel through Expedia.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank honu-lover
New Jersey
Reviewed June 21, 2005

I stayed a memorial day weekend here because there was no other place with vacancy and I am glad I did. It is situated by itself in a parking lot which connects to the parking lot of a small shopping place that contains a small supermarket, dunkin donuts, subway. It is also connected to a MOVIE TEATHER which is a minute's walk literally. You don't even need to use your car because all the big restaurants are right accross the route which you can walk. Anyways it is 15 minutes away from dorney park. ROOMS ARE VERY CLEAN AND COZY. WILL RETURN FOR A WEEKEND GETTAWAY.

• Stayed: May 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed August 21, 2004

It seems TOO many people now a days tend to forget what the purpose of a hotel is and expect the Mansion on the Hill..

I'll be the first to tell you, if you are one who has to have this kind of sleep arrangement, then the A/B/E Red Roof is not for you..

However, if you use the hotel for what it's meant to be used for (a place to hang your hat after a day of site seeing, visiting, etc.), with bargain prices, clean rooms, soft beds, and A plus quality customer service that's located in a prime location, then I strongly reccomend this hotel to anyone.

My wife and I just today checked out of the ABE Red Roof Inn after spending two nights there, and we WILL return.

First and foremost, Gail and Mary at the front desk were unbelievably nice and cordial, greeting us each time they saw us. They also were understanding, as we strolled in our first night at 4 AM. Let me tell you, after nearly 6 hours on the road, nothing was better to see than a friendly smile and a soft bed.. We got both. Instead of giving us a hard time for coming so late, Gail seemed legitimately happy to have our service. Mary (the day attendant).

The room was nicely arranged, big enough for the two of us.
The bed was so soft that it almost felt like a dream to sleep on.
It was also located in an area where it is easy to access everything by car.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give RRI a 10 +.
As I said, next time we need a hotel, we know which to pick, thanks to the great two nights we had!

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member