Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
Hotels.com
$109
$87
AscendHotels
Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West(Allentown)(Great Value!)
$79
ComfortSuites
$110
$218
  • Restaurant
All reviewssuperior king roomroom was cleanfront deskshopping plazaallentown airportdunkin donutsdog walkingparking lotmovie theaterthird floorwould definitely stay here againsands casinonice stayovernight staystayed one nightconvenient locationair conditioner
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here first week of October 2012 and it was a good location, great service, clean rooms, affordable price----Sonia at the front desk was most helpful. I would highly recommend this motel.
I have found that all Red Roof Inns offer affordable, clean lodging, at least that is my experience so far.
I liked the location of this motel, out of the way, yet very convenient to the highway and airport.

Room Tip: I chose to be on the first floor just to avoid carrying luggage upstairs, and they accomodated me, not only here but at all the Red Roof Inns that I made that request of.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dave5400
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you so much for staying at the Red Roof Inn-Allentown Airport and taking the time to write the review of your experience. We take our guests’ comments very seriously and share them with the staff. When guests like yourself take the time out of their busy schedules to give us such a positive response, it helps to motivate the staff and shows that all their hard work does not go unnoticed. Once again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

(I would have given it 4 stars if 4 meant "good" rather than "very good")
My family stayed here for one night this summer. We wanted an inexpensive place to stay in that part of PA on our way to a more expensive hotel in DC. The Red Roof Inn was extremely cheap (esp with the AAA discount), and was clean and quiet. The room was too tiny for a family of 4, though. If one person sat down to use the Internet, it was hard for people to walk across the room without that person getting up (and we're all pretty thin). Also, the sink (which is outside the bathroom) was too close to the place where you hang your coats, which would have been an issue in the winter. I had to move all the hangers to the opposite end of the rack because I kept bumping my head against them when using the sink.

I had misgivings when I saw that we were on the ground floor, and some people were hanging out outside. I was worried it would be noisy, but we were able to park our car in front of our room, and the people hanging out went into their rooms and the night was quiet. I'm usually bothered by the noise of doors slamming and showers running, but this wasn't an issue here. (Maybe no one was in the room above us, but there were lights on in the rooms next to us.)

I was looking for a no-smoking hotel, but there don't seem to be any in eastern PA. At any rate, although I suspect some of the people outside were smoking, I didn't smell any smoke in the room, and the room did not have that smell that rooms get when they've been smoked in.

The hotel is set back from the street in a mall, and behind some trees, so there's no street noise really. In the morning we walked across to the Dunkin Donuts for an inexpensive breakfast. There was also a Friendly's or some such place in the mall, for people who want a sit-down breakfast.

As others have said, this is really a no-frills place. We did pay about $5 extra for a fridge. But there was free Internet access! I wouldn't have wanted to stay more than one night, since the room was so cramped, but it was clean and quiet and extremely cheap. Definitely worth it if you're traveling on a budget!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Paula W
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor, about your stay at the Red Roof Inn-Allentown Airport. We strive to provide each and every guest with a clean room, great service, and at a reasonable price. We truly appreciate your feedback to help us to continue to improve and provide our guest with the best lodging experience that we can. Thank you again and we hope to see you future travels.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I am in the Lehigh Valley area 4-5 times per year or more to see a good friend and being his place is too small I stay here every time I come down. The property is older and is in much need of upgrading and modernizing, however you cannot beat the value. I especially want to mention that any of the rooms maintained by Carol in the housekeeping department are always spotlessly clean. She does an awesome job in making your stay extremely pleasant and goes above and beyond to be helpful with everything. I would never stay anywhere else when I come to the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cindy G
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. At Red Roof Inn we believe in providing an exceptional experience for all of our guests at a rate that affords excellent value. We constantly strive to represent our property in a manner that exceeds our guest’s expectations.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I chose this hotel for a recent family trip just for one night. We were staying at a Sheraton near sesame place for two nights (great hotel...see my review on it) and then moved near Allentown to go to Dutch springs (see my review) and Downey park. We used to stay at a Sheraton which was great but they since have changed companies so I decided to go cheap and stay at the red roof inn. Well I wish I would have paid more money for a different hotel. This red roof inn location felt a little suspect. The clientele were a lot of single men but not business looking. I was traveling with a family of five so my wife was a little nervous about staying in the hotel itself. Now the hotel itself looked run down and the room had a musty dirty smell. The two beds were two different heights and we only got two very flat pillows per bed. The one chair in the room had bodily fluid stains on it. The AC was Luke warm at best. I walked over to the Friendly Restaurant to fill my ice bucket because the ice machine looked dirty and the ice had an odor. Even the people at the restaurant agreed with my perception of the hotel, which did not make me feel better that the locals who are here everyday felt the same way. In the future I would definitely pay just a couple of more dollars and go to a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Dan D
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

I'm writing to Thank You for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Comments like yours are not always nice to hear, however it helps us focus on the areas that need improving.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotels is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices.
I want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. I hope that you will give us another try in the future to meet your lodging needs.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had a nice stay, Jen at the front desk was very pleasant and our housekeeper Carol did a great job in our room. Everything was clean and there was no dust. I would definitley recommend the Superior King room since it was very spacious. This was a great deal and even though it was off a busy room, it was nice and quiet. You can book here with confidence.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Loose Moose Lod... B
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

We were happy to read your positive comments about the look of our hotel as well as the service of our staff members. We take pride in the quality of our hotel and in delivering the highest level of service. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Mangement & Staff - Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport