“You get what you pay for.”

Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I chose this hotel for a recent family trip just for one night. We were staying at a Sheraton near sesame place for two nights (great hotel...see my review on it) and then moved near Allentown to go to Dutch springs (see my review) and Downey park. We used to stay at a Sheraton which was great but they since have changed companies so I decided to go cheap and stay at the red roof inn. Well I wish I would have paid more money for a different hotel. This red roof inn location felt a little suspect. The clientele were a lot of single men but not business looking. I was traveling with a family of five so my wife was a little nervous about staying in the hotel itself. Now the hotel itself looked run down and the room had a musty dirty smell. The two beds were two different heights and we only got two very flat pillows per bed. The one chair in the room had bodily fluid stains on it. The AC was Luke warm at best. I walked over to the Friendly Restaurant to fill my ice bucket because the ice machine looked dirty and the ice had an odor. Even the people at the restaurant agreed with my perception of the hotel, which did not make me feel better that the locals who are here everyday felt the same way. In the future I would definitely pay just a couple of more dollars and go to a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Dan D
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

I'm writing to Thank You for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Comments like yours are not always nice to hear, however it helps us focus on the areas that need improving.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotels is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices.
I want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. I hope that you will give us another try in the future to meet your lodging needs.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had a nice stay, Jen at the front desk was very pleasant and our housekeeper Carol did a great job in our room. Everything was clean and there was no dust. I would definitley recommend the Superior King room since it was very spacious. This was a great deal and even though it was off a busy room, it was nice and quiet. You can book here with confidence.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Loose Moose Lod... B
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

We were happy to read your positive comments about the look of our hotel as well as the service of our staff members. We take pride in the quality of our hotel and in delivering the highest level of service. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Mangement & Staff - Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Thank you so very much to Kevin, Janet and the other woman who went above to beyond to make our stay relaxing and confortable. This is the second time we stayed at this Red Roof Inn as the location meets all our vacation needs. We truly did appreciate the exceptional service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kara P
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear valued guest:
Thank you so very much for taking time from your schedule to post such an outstanding review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It has been our goal to exceed our guest’s expectations and by reading your comments, we were successful. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Again, our sincerest thanks and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

It's a simple place but the staff really go out of their way to be helpful. Starting out with directions (after the gps says you're there and you're not, keep going through a residential neighborhood then turn left at Denny's into a shopping center and right at Dunkin Donuts).
They helped me with the ice machine, air conditioning, an iron, then more directions. Bed
was comfortable and shower had good pressure. Next time I'm going up and back to CT to see family I'll be staying here again. Thanks.

Room Tip: Upstairs the room numbering is confusing. Odd numbers are on one side and even on the other. I was...
3  Thank Cathy L
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We prefer non-corporate but this is so convenient to the airport and our daughters home that we stay here a couple times a year. It is reasonably priced, basic decent facilities and there are places to eat nearby. The staff is friendly. We have never had problems with noise, it worked well for a disabled friend. My only issue is their bathtubs are so angled, the bottom of the tub is purposefully not flat, and it feels odd to stand in while showering.

3  Thank maryspond
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. At Red Roof Inn we believe in providing an exceptional experience for all of our guests at a rate that affords excellent value. We constantly strive to represent our property in a manner that exceeds our guest’s expectations.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Service was perfect. I had a military situation requiring me to stay near the airport for 1 travel day. I know that typical check-in time is an afternoon time, accomodating that the rooms available have had a chance to be cleaned and prepped. Well, my situation called for arrival int he morning about 7am. I called the front desk after searching for the # online. I spoke to the desk attendant the night prior to arriving. They were able to book me without any hassel and providing me with the correct rate of cost for 1 nights' stay. The day of arrival was fast and I was checked-in to catch a day of rest and recovery before more travel. I delt with the front desk attendant named KEVIN. Caucasion male, who said he had a family member in the service, and thanked me for my serving in the military. I felt welcomed, and the check out was just as efficient and speedy. Good experience. Somebody give this attendant a raise. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tony S
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Reviewed July 7, 2012

If you are looking for a safe, clean, well-run and reasonably priced hotel with a great staff, then Red Roof Inn Allentown is the place to stay. My time here and experience with this hotel has been excellent. Without exception, all staff members I encountered were courteous, cheerful and helpful. There is nobody I can single out, they are all great. I’ve stayed here on two separate occasions and had an opportunity, I think, to meet everyone.

The room itself is very nice, well-appointed and clean. I have a “Superior King”, a spacious room which includes a microwave and dorm-size frig. The room has one king bed and a well-designed desk/work area. The hotel is well-situated with easy access ( you can walk ) to almost anything someone on-the-road needs: restaurants, grocery, drug store, movie theaters, gas…and the ABE airport.

Parking lot and all hotel areas are well-lit. I feel very safe here.

Room rates are very reasonable with a daily rate which is, in reality, less than the price charged by Value Place - a “cafeteria” hotel, which is terrible. For more information, please see my review of VP.

Room Tip: Superior King is the most spacious.
2  Thank Kathleen H
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

We were happy to read your positive comments about the look of our hotel, as well as the service of our staff members. We take pride in the quality of our hotel and in delivering the highest level of service. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.