“Knights Inn Allentown is ok”

Knights Inn & Suites Allentown
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Vineland, Nj
“Knights Inn Allentown is ok”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The motel is ok. I have stayed here before, the last time a few years back. It did look like they did new carpet in the hallways since that time. My carpet in my room was worn/torn in a few places and should be replaced. Light above desk didn't work. There was no hairdryer. Shower was good. I slept in late so didn't take advantage of free breakfast. Older TV, but worked with good channel selection. Fridge and microwave in room is a plus. Bed was comfy.
I got a good price way in advance. If you are looking for a place to sleep and meet basic needs, it's fine. If you need a pool and some bells and whistles, then I would go elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Bob984

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
NY-NJ
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We requested a handicapped room because my husband uses a walker. They gave us a nice spacious room with a roll-in shower as well as refrigerator + microwave. All looked good until I attempted a shower. For some reason this had a detachable head, which leaked all over the place; the lip was not big enough so the whole bathroom got flooded. Dangerously slippery. The next morning we awoke to find another flood on the other side of the room, as water had poured in under the A/C. We had to hurry out for an appointment, upon our return it was obvious the entire floor was soaked. No handicapped rooms available so the desk staff offered us the standard room next door, but this turned out to be occupied or at least uncleaned. So I had to carry all our stuff to another room down the hall, much smaller than the first one; my husband couldn't get around at all. Found a gross-looking stain on the top of the bed. The night guy couldn't do anything but at least let me go back to our old room to exchange that piece. All this was kind of exhausting.

However, I will say the room wasn't bad for the price, except lack of space and indifferent cleaning staff. The ice machine in the lobby was broken, but they did have free, good coffee there 24/7. Also the location is quite convenient, right off 78 adjacent to a shopping mall.

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator / microwave as not all rooms have them.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sesuNY
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I found this hotel in the hotelcoupons booklet and am satisfied with my choice. The price was right. Good location. Great sleep in a queen size bed. Walking distance to shopping. Local bus service. Nice employees.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank NessaSieg
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I recently had the need to locate a hotel room in the Allentown area in the wee hours of the morning for a family member in trouble. When I called, the front desk clerk Peggy was very helpful and patient while I explained my situation. She helped me arrange transportation for my family member which included picking them up, making a stop at an ATM and a store before bringing them to the hotel.
The stay was only for a few days, but my family member was very happy with room and enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. When asked about the room, the answer was "there's breakfast too."
All of the staff seemed very helpful, but Peggy was a standout. She helped me with the last minute reservation, offered us several local dining suggestions, and appeared to be familiar with events and attractions in the area.
For the price, I would definitely consider returning with family for a fun day at the water park without having to drive too far - make a little 'adventure' day, as I understand the steak house right next to the hotel is a winner. ;)

Room Tip: WiFi is included, but as we all can understand, the strength varies by location. Ask for a room wit...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pottstown, PA
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very nice and very very accomadating. The location cant be beat, close enough to so much, without the high cost...hotel rooms are clean everywhere, so the value for me is always in the service. The service with a smile is what makes this hotel stand out.

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 27, 2013

So I stayed at this hotel on Saturday 6/15/13 and My family and I checked in around 1 am Felix at the Front Desk was very helpful and very nice. He got us checked in very quickly and told us about all the ameneties the hotel had and we were on our way, He even Warned us about how easily the room keys get demagnitized...which was very helpful cause even after that I didnt listen and my key didnt work, but it wasnt a problem he just reprogrammed my key and I was on my way. When we got to our room it had a bit of a smell of smoke even though it was a non-smoking room so I called the Front Desk and told Felix about the smell and he notified me that they were just about sold out but he managed to find me a different room and switched my family and I. After he got us switched to a different room We noticed that he went to the original room we were in and was opening the windows and spraying air freshener and then he was telling some people in the hallway that they could not smoke in the building and they had to step outside. This is the first time I have ever seen a Staff Member of a hotel go above and beyond to accomidate the guest and enforce the Rules!!!! Overall Our stay was great and we will most Def. Be staying at the Knights Inn and Suites Again and hopefully Felix is there when we check-in.

Room Tip: No Matter what room you choose if there is a problem Go To the Front Desk ASAP and Speak to Felix He...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank JoseR10471
Midland Park, New Jersey
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had an emergency at 11PM on Friday 6/14/13. Family of ours from PA (I'm from NJ) needed a place to stay in a pinch, and were otherwise stranded to drive around looking. They had an availability and Peggy was EXTREMELY helpful, and courteous, and understanding of the situation. Ultimately, our family members were able to find a place before we could charge the room for them, but out of sheer compassion, the staff went above and beyond to hold a room and help our family in a time of need. I would recommend them to anyone going through the area and need a place to stay. Thank you Peggy, you are an amazing and wonderful person! Truly!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family