“Lower Rate for a Low Rate”

Knights Inn & Suites Allentown
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The hotel was convienently located next to a strip mall and a few restaurants. The room had a faint smell of smoke despite the fact that it was a non smoking room and the light in the washroom was almost burnt out and therefore flickered all the time. The ice bucket was really grimmy. The advertised breakfast consisted of juice, coffee, mini bagels, eggos and bread. There were apples available but not fresh. We knew going into it that we were booking a basic level hotel but this was a bit below my expectation.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank KJS74
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn & Suites Allentown

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We got there and there was problems not only did they mess up our reservations but they said they were cancelled!! We had to make new ones and they charged me more so because someone messed up we had to pay more. The only reason we did stay was due to a nascar race was that weekend and there was nothing else avail. that would take pets. So we get in our room WOW there was mold in the tub water stains on the bathroom ceiling. The carpet was dirty, had rips and holes and big pink stains! The walls were very dirty and it looked like someone rudded there hands all over the walls. A/C did not work great you could see it needed to be clean. And the thing that bothered me the most was there where sliver fish in the room GROSS. And the breaskfast may have been free but there was nothing there and what they did have was AWLFUL! The only good thing was the bed it was comfy. I would never stay again the area its in is not greatest the highway RT22 is at your back door. BTW i did read the reviews before i booked the room and said well it can't be that bad well it is. And the people that work there are not any better!!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else dirty rooms
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank tbrown20040
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I had stayed across the street the previous week at the Hilton Garden Inn and having seen the Knights Inn Suites property from the road, I booked online based primarily on the rate offered on the Knights Inn website. Total with tax was $71.00

Although the property looked decent from the outside, inside the place was a dump. Upon arrival, I noticed the parking lot was full. After parking, I walked to the office and in the parking lot were empty Cognac bottles, empty condom boxes, and other trash. The lobby counter was dirty, the breakfast room and lobby was in need of a good cleaning and fresh paint. Upon arriving in my room, the rug had rips in it, the decor was old and marred, and the room smelled a bit stale. The only positive was the linens and towels were clean.

After a brief nap, my daughter went to use the shower and the drain was stuck in the closed position. I decided at that time that we could not stay there and asked the woman at the desk to check me out. She was polite and charged me $35.00 for the 3 hour stay.

If I was in a position of leadership in the Wyndham organization, I would not allow the Knights Inn Allentown to book any more guests until such time the hotel was completely renovated and cleaned. They should be ashamed to have guests stay there.

Personally, I will never stay in a Knights Inn again and would be cautious before booking a room in any property offered under the Wyndham brand.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank JjO0Ee
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Stay here twice a year for a medical appt. Good location in a new shopping center. Room was relatively clean. NEVER going to stay here again, though. The staff is oblivious to what goes on in some rooms, as long as they get their money. EVERY single time we can't sleep long because of the paper thin walls. THIS time, there were a few people in the room next to us that arrived just before midnight. They made out in very loud terms for hours and HOURS. Then, they got up at 6:30, had a huge fight and left! This hotel might be for business (like the drug deals next to our room 2 years ago) and pleasure (wild sex all night). That's NOT the kind of pleasure/business hotel to brag about. Next time it's going to be the Hampton in for us!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank tank_7
Reviewed April 11, 2011

the box springs were ripped and stained you could have found cleaner in a dumpster the blankets were ripped the rugs were stained as well as the chair and window seat one queen size bed was broken and the towels felt like sandpaper. This area has alot of great hotels and it is worth it to spend a few more bucks for a place you can actually sleep in. Would never go back!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank danlaurel
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Loved the room and linens, until we discovered bugs in the bed after arriving late and exhausted... We slept on top of the coversand didn't sleep well the as a result. When coming to the desk the next morning, there was a 5 person wait, 1 clerk, and she was moving at a snails pace. We just left. I sent a note to the main corporate office of knights inn, and got a FORM LETTER from them apologising and saying that the manager of the hotel would be in contact with me. The manager sent me a FORM LETTER that never even bothered to mention the specific complaint that I had! apparently they don't care

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank steelforce
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed one night on our way to Gettysburg, room was a smoking room (it was my only choice), extremely smelly - had to keep window open. Everything in the room had a stain on it. The sheets had holes in them, and the worst was the mattress with a HUGE hole in it. My kids would not change in the room and thought it was disgusting. Thought the value of the hotel would not be that nice and was hoping for a surprise.....but no it was just a run down room. Would not recommend at all.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Maggie33851
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allentown
Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
Staybridge Suites Allentown Bethlehem Airport
The View Inn & Suites
The View Inn & Suites
#14 of 14 in Bethlehem

Been to Knights Inn & Suites Allentown? Share your experiences!